Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I'd rather be brewing...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
chumprock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default I'd rather be brewing...

Than working on broken systems that someone else broke and ran away from...

I would much rather be on my deck, with a cup of coffee and a nice quiet mash.

What are you up to?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
newkarian
Recipes 

Sticking needles in pregnant womens backs and not getting paid for it. Ah the life of a student nurse anesthetist.

In process: Belgian Wit
Primary:
Secondary: Berliner Wiesse
On Tap/Bottled: Strong Dark Belgian Ale(bretted),Belgian Imperial Stout (2nd AG), Partigyle Dry Stout, Apfelweinx2, Dont Fear the RIIPA, Cream of three crops
Planning: Roggenbier, Biere de Garde, Golden Strong Ale, Barleywine, Something with Brett

Old 05-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3502 Times on 3393 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Taking my daughter to library story time.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2123 Times on 1522 Posts
Likes Given: 1165

Surfing at work, between filling in for the molding supervisor out back. Waiting to hear if I need to start up the press to finish a prototype run. Also chatting up some guys about welding a Stainless Shelf for my kegerator, and about smoking meat this weekend. Thinking about the next step in completing my second grain crusher. And, of course, the usual guy thoughts.

Also, should I bottle some of my Centennial Blonde and put it out in the Coke machine in the garage? And, when can I brew another batch of beer??

Old 05-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
SmugMug
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Currently, I'm trying to distract myself from the jackarse who refuses to use a phone handset than his speakerphone. Also trying to juggle working on these technical documents and reading these forums. Can you guess which activity is winning? I swear I'm going to throw something at this guy.

YOU'RE NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!!

/Ok, I'm ready to get home and bottle my beer

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Poor planning on your part doesn't necessitate an emergency on mine.

Beer: Is there anything it can't do?

Old 05-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

Reading the forum and eating a late breakfast (late of me at least). Dog walk up next.

Do not miss fixing systems or speaker phones.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 05-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
chumprock
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I see that I am not alone...

I have a carboy of english strong sitting on my table waiting to be racked to keg, and a 3 gal of cider that I need to rack as well.

How long should cider sit in primary?

Old 05-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2771 Times on 2720 Posts
Likes Given: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkarian View Post
Sticking needles in pregnant womens backs and not getting paid for it. Ah the life of a student nurse anesthetist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmugMug View Post
Currently, I'm trying to distract myself from the jackarse who refuses to use a phone handset than his speakerphone.

YOU'RE NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!!
Send out an email to him about office etiquette but put in the subject "To all Employees". Make sure the email mentions using a headset because there are other people in the office. but ONLY send it to him, then send another one to just him 5 minutes later saying, "Whoops, it looks like you're the only one that received that company wide email, the Email server must have a filter on it to determine who actually needs each company wide sent email. weird...

I personally am surfing HBT waiting for the next Emergency "My Line is Down and it's costing us $1M an hour but we didn't want to spend 12G on a spare system just in case" call to come in. And kicking my self for forgetting the Rice hulls on 9#Flaked Wheat/2#White Wheat grain bill order for this weekend.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 05-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #9
GreenwoodRover
me-no-r-no Nice Guy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Should be sending/typing one of the 12 proposals due by the end of the week but I'm really thinking about how much extra scrubbing my stuff is going to need because I was too lazy to clean it immediately after my last brew session two weeks ago...
Also fine tuning a recipe for an Oaked English IPA... I need to get some fuggles...

<Insert list of brews planned, fermenting, or being consumed here>

Old 05-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #10
SmugMug
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
Send out an email to him about office etiquette but put in the subject "To all Employees". Make sure the email mentions using a headset because there are other people in the office. but ONLY send it to him, then send another one to just him 5 minutes later saying, "Whoops, it looks like you're the only one that received that company wide email, the Email server must have a filter on it to determine who actually needs each company wide sent email. weird...

I personally am surfing HBT waiting for the next Emergency "My Line is Down and it's costing us $1M an hour but we didn't want to spend 12G on a spare system just in case" call to come in. And kicking my self for forgetting the Rice hulls on 9#Flaked Wheat/2#White Wheat grain bill order for this weekend.
God, I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately I work for a very large aerospace company and this guy is about 4 pay grades above me. I asked my lead to send an office etiquette email out to everyone in our bay, but he doesn't give a crap since he's isolated in a nice comfy hard wall office. It's very difficult to get anything done when you're listening to the woes of a subcontractor's hardware delivery issues to a deployed unit.

I think I'm just going to throw a headset over the wall at him. Maybe he'll get the hint. Or maybe he'll beat the hell out of me. I'll let you know what happens next.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Poor planning on your part doesn't necessitate an emergency on mine.

Beer: Is there anything it can't do?

Quick Reply