Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I will never....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #1
DoubleAught
...is drinking again
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default I will never....

complain about bottling again. Me in all my wisdom thought it would be cool to bottle the Westmalle Triple clone I brewed into Belgian beer bottles. So I bought the bottles, the corks, wire hoods, and hand corker. After about 30 minutes I realized I needed help so I got the SWMBO in to lend a hand. It took a while but we got all 24 bottles corked and wired. Looks cool as hell but so not worth the effort.

I'll never complain about bottling "normal' bottles again!

In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2012, 03:32 AM   #2
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1380 Times on 1277 Posts

I bet they look great, though! I'm thinking of doing something like that for Christmas gifts.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:34 AM   #3
DoubleAught
...is drinking again
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonaZamboni View Post
I bet they look great, though! I'm thinking of doing something like that for Christmas gifts.
They would definitely make great Christmas gifts
In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:50 AM   #4
neko
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

I will never try to add and stir the mash while the baby is crying. I rushed the stirring and things didn't get mixed well enough and the efficiency was crappy. I didn't even check the temp so that might have been way off too.

Ring ding dong. Ring a ding-ding-ding dong

"We have invented the world's largest laser system" -Ahnold

Old 05-06-2012, 04:10 AM   #5
barneygumble
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 7

The only way I would bottle a batch again would be to cork a Three Philosopher's Raspberry clone for Christmas gifts.

I will never...dismiss any new method of brewing again. I left brewing before BIAB caught on. I got back into the hobby and found this wonderful way of brewing. I read up, studied, and said "yeah". I still use my three tier in good weather, but my eBIAB, dual element 120v 2200w element 8 gallon (5 gallon batch limit is the only drawback) with a temp controller on one element is a thing of heaven. I am older now, and wiser? Also I moved and lost all brew buddies. So standing outside in the cold (my boat gets the garage in winter) lost all its luster. I can brew warm and cozy in a zero degree blizzard. BIAB saved me for this hobby. I wanna trick the system out when my new kettle comes in(10 gallon for bigger beers). But I can do all of that in the toasty warmth of my home, and not out in the snow.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
DoubleAught
...is drinking again
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
The only way I would bottle a batch again would be to cork a Three Philosopher's Raspberry clone for Christmas gifts.

I will never...dismiss any new method of brewing again. I left brewing before BIAB caught on. I got back into the hobby and found this wonderful way of brewing. I read up, studied, and said "yeah". I still use my three tier in good weather, but my eBIAB, dual element 120v 2200w element 8 gallon (5 gallon batch limit is the only drawback) with a temp controller on one element is a thing of heaven. I am older now, and wiser? Also I moved and lost all brew buddies. So standing outside in the cold (my boat gets the garage in winter) lost all its luster. I can brew warm and cozy in a zero degree blizzard. BIAB saved me for this hobby. I wanna trick the system out when my new kettle comes in(10 gallon for bigger beers). But I can do all of that in the toasty warmth of my home, and not out in the snow.
I use BIAB and have made outstanding beers with it. I've found about 17lbs of grain is about as big of a beer that I can make with my current equipment.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #7
StanJohnson
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I will never.....assume that one part of brewing is the most important. Your cleaning and sanitation can be great, but if your water is no good..... If your water is good, but your fermentation temperature control sucks..... If your fermentation temperature control is great but your SG, OG or FG aren't right.....,etc, etc, etc. I believe they are all important and you should always try to do the best you can at every step in the process.

RDWIWBB

Stan

Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
Supurb
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

I will never buy my pellet hops for a quarter at the goat section of the petting zoo.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supurb View Post
I will never buy my pellet hops for a quarter at the goat section of the petting zoo.
Wow, well played.

Edit: I'm still laughing.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #10
kwingert
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supurb View Post
Awesome!

Beer is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy-Franklin

Quick Reply