Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I think I have 5 timebombs on my hands...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
Zamial
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 168 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default I think I have 5 timebombs on my hands...

Ok, so I pulled a bone head maneuver and am in need of advice...

I was kegging + bottling my pumpkin beers. This was a 1st for the kegging and I also decided that I would try to bottle condition 4.5 gallons in 3 Miller/Coors home draft systems. The kegging went fine.

Since, I was going to force carb the keg I had some beer left over and decided I would try some Muntons carb tablets. I added 4 per bottle per the instructions.

Well, SWMBO decided we were running out of time to meet her friends for dinner and without thinking I dropped 4 of these tabs into 5 beers that had priming sugar already in it! I capped them and on the way home thought to myself. Did I really just do this. I checked and yep I did.

I am thinking of slowly releasing the caps @ about 3-4 days and then recap them. Is this a good Idea? there are only 5 but I HATE the idea of dumping ANY viable beer! even 5...

thoughts?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2010, 12:57 AM   #2
japhroaig
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yes you can. This is one reason screw tops are so nice, since you don't waste caps, but bottle bombs are *serious* business.

Team Nottingham Yeast!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply