Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I need a little help deciding what size of pots to buy...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #11
Elysium
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt3989 View Post
Ah okay, that does present a problem.

If you're a do it yourselfer, you might think about just getting a larger pot and putting a heating element right in the pot. Elements are fairly cheap and you could either do an "assisted stove top boil" where the stove and the electric element work together, or with a powerful enough element, boil without the stove. Immersed elements are also extremely efficient with some good insulation around your pot.

I know that's getting away from your initial post, just something to think about. I personally wouldn't want to be on the verge of a boil over inside all the time....it's bad enough when I make starters haha.
Your comment is really interesting. I am wondering if, for example, this electric element (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Elec...ectric+element) could help me boil water for 60 mins. Is it totally safe to use such tools for brewing beer?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #12
Matt3989
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post

Your comment is really interesting. I am wondering if, for example, this electric element (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Elec...ectric+element) could help me boil water for 60 mins. Is it totally safe to use such tools for brewing beer?
I'm still looking into building an all electric brewery with these things myself, so I'm not the most knowledgeable yet, but yeah, that seems to be about what you want. Most I've seen use a fitting on the side of the pot so that the element mounts close to the bottom, horizontally. Check out the electric brewery section, there are some really knowledgeable guys there, a lot of EEs to help with the technical stuff too, search "assisted boil" or something like that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply