The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I need to get back on the ball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2008, 05:42 AM   #1
Mustangfreak
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default I need to get back on the ball

or should I say boil? LOL.

Anyways, I haven't brewed since July and I'm finally going to start my next batch here in a couple of days. I've got a Dunkleweizen sitting on my counter, and I just ordered a Holiday Ale and ingredients for a citrus weizen from AHBS.

Wait I have brewed recently, I just forgot about it LOL. I brewed 2 fridays ago out of boredom.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
TimMcTigue
Recipes 

Sheesh, who can brew and not remember it? Oh, I get it, you were probably drinking one while brewing one, lol! Anyway, yes, it's good to get back to brewing after a hiatus. I've brewed for the past 3 weekends in a row, after not having brewed since May - I was busy all summer composing and recording music for a contest (here in Canada, the CBC is having a contest to replace the theme for Hockey Night In Canada, which I realize won't mean anything to most folks here). I just racked my latest last night, a Dry Irish Stout. The week before I brewed a Kolschy with my homegrown Mt. Hoods, and before that was (I hope) a Hobgoblin Ale clone. Soon I'll be brewing an American Pale Ale (SNPA clone), and then probably a second batch of the Stout. I guess I'll have a decent amount/variety laid up for winter...

Tim

Old 09-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
2nd Street Brewery

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I feel your pain, I just brewed last Sunday for the first time in well over a month. I'm down to my last keg on tap and then nothin but storebought I have this Friday off so i may try to brew then and then get going regularly for a couple of weeks(just got a shipment from Austin's of 70lbs of various grains)

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #4
FatDuc

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I haven't made any beer since June.

I have been making wine, Apfelwein and cider though.

It got below 70°F here last night! It might be cooling off enough to get the MLT and Bayou Burner back out of mothballs soon, w00t!

Quote:
A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle-aged habit and convention. Aldous Huxley
Fat Duc Brewing
Special Character cheatsheets

Quick Reply