Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I may be a loner in this lol But I dont like Hoppy beers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #71
Big_Cat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmark
But have you tasted a lot of styles of IPAs?

They are wide and varried,,,try a Big Sky IPA, Deschutes Inversion, SN Torpedo, Green Flash, SA Lattitude. All taste vastly different, might find one that suits you.
I've tried the latitude 48 from SA Also a couple of others since i do love the art of creating yumminest (if that's a word) in a brew but as of yet i haven't found one that has made me say "oh wow this is my favorite "

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #72
chalmer9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Cat View Post
I've tried the latitude 48 from SA Also a couple of others since i do love the art of creating yumminest (if that's a word) in a brew but as of yet i haven't found one that has made me say "oh wow this is my favorite "
Then start with pale ales. Obviously your palate can't handle IPA's right now, so work your way up.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #73
IffyG
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmer9 View Post
Then start with pale ales. Obviously your palate can't handle IPA's right now, so work your way up.
IMO jumping right to a super high IBU beer is why a lot of people don't like hoppy beers. I remember my first IPA (Lakefront IPA), it was way too bitter and I struggled to finish it. I ended up going back to the less hoppy beers and worked my way up the spectrum and gained a better appreciation for the more bitter/hoppy beer.

Quick Reply