Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I made myself throw bottles away!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
45_70sharps
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 136

Default I made myself throw bottles away!

I don't bottle. I don't like to bottle. Earlier this week I finished soaking labels off, cleaning and then running through the dishwasher about a case of bottles.

Due to bad planning, I've got a gap in my supply line for about another week so I've been drinking store bought.

Tonight I had about a half pack worth of bottles that were waiting to be soaked in oxyclean and have the labels removed and I threw them away!!!

First time I've been able to get myself to do that in quite a while!
I've got 5 gallons of pumpkin ale that I'm going to bottle and I'm sure I'll bottle a few from a few batches now and then, but how many bottles do I need!

I didn't know if I could throw any away, but with 4 kegs and the parts I needed to fix a fifth one, plus I'm planning on adding a couple more, I've got way more than enough bottles.

Up till the last couple weeks I only had two kegs so I should have been keeping a couple batches in bottles.

Let's see if I keep this updated!

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
neophilus
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

If you know any other home brewers that bottle I'm sure they would appreciate the spare bottles. Someone gave me over two cases of labeled empties at a grain buy and it was a real life saver as I had just run out and had a Carboy to bottle.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
45_70sharps
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 136

The only other homebrewer that I know of around here is my younger brother.
He hasn't brewed anything in a while and has a ton of bottles.

Besides, when a guy gets himself to break the bad habit of keeping every bottle, he can't go back any more than a junkie can do a little bit of drugs!
If I keep them so that I can give them away I'll clean them. As long as I'm at it I'll probably soak them in oxyclean, probably peel the labels when they come out. Scrub the little bit of glue while I'm at it.
Might as well find another closet to put them in at that point. I might need them some day!
I can't help myself. After they go in the trash can, I'm safe though.

Let's see if I keep this updated!

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Quick Reply