New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I love my job (beer "trade" story)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #1
scrambledegg81
Flocculation Nation
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Default I love my job (beer "trade" story)

So we had a customer come in to the bottle shop I work at tonight with a few hefty cases of 750's he wanted to sell. Obviously we can't do that (illegal in every sense of the word), but we had the guy come back after closing & my boss bought them for cash (for personal consumption, of course).

Long story short, there were several typical brews in the mix like Affligem, Chimay (red, white and blue) and Duvel, but we dug a little deeper and found a few gems such as Deschutes' The Stoic, Allagash Black (the bourbon-aged version) and 2 bottles of Westmalle Real Trappist and 1 Liefmans Goudenband. All in excellent condition & well-aged.

*swoon*

Primary: Zilch
Secondary: Nada
Bottled/Fridge: Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shutdown
Bombers/Growlers/Aging: Firestone Sucaba Barleywine
Kegerator: Just kicked (dammit all!)
Coming Up: Revision of my Belgian Strong

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
biochemedic
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Reminds me of the time about a year ago when I randomly found a 4 pack of 2007 Brooklyn Monster Barleywine at a local deli that has a nice craft beer selection...Can't say it's too often you stumble across a good pre-aged brew like that! Still, it sounds like your find is even more epic! Congrats! (Hope the Boss will share....)

Secondary: Why do I keep this line here...?
Bulk Aging: Cocobochet
Planned: Hop Metheglin #3 (NZ hops), Trad. Gesho T'ej

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply