I just ordered my grains!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady_brewer

Reaction score
So exciting... I am going to get to do my first AG soon. I have my eye on a turkey fryer that is on sale at kent, 4lbs of hops in my freezer and grains on the way.

There are a few more small incidentals (like I think it would be a good idea to order some fermcapS from somewhere) but overall I am getting very close.

You know it kinda sucks to be the SWMBO for financial stuff when you actually want to buy lots of things.

Thanks for letting me be an attention whore!

Nice.......I did my second AG batch yesterday......It takes a lot more time and being more cautious but well worth it to know you basically did the entire beer yourself....

That's awesome lady. I hope all goes well with your first AG. If you have any questions, I know this great homebrewing web forum you can go to for answers. Now if I could only remember the name of it.:drunk:

:D

There are a few more small incidentals (like I think it would be a good idea to order some fermcapS from somewhere) but overall I am getting very close.

Incidentals like grain mill, refractometer, keggles, 55 lbs bags of grain at a shot. It never stops....but you'll love it.

grain mill - I have a pasta maker that I am going to convert... I figure it will work until I can afford a gucci one.

55lb bag of grain - I am actually picking up a 25kg sag of 2-Row at the LHBS, because the price is good and I like that somebody here carries grains...

refractometer - I don't know what this word means? I am am sure that when I figure it out it will cost me $$ :D

I think I have stumbled accoss such a site in my google searches... I wish I had bookmarked it, or signed up for it or something :D

Sounds like you're all set. Refractometers expensive, nah. Two words, Ebay;) I've maybe brewed 10 AG batches so far, and it's a lot more hands-on, like making something from scratch,and I like that.

Back