Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I have a problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
AgentHubcap
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default I have a problem

Since I got my kegerator, I feel like I'm not able to brew as often as I would like. I picked up a 6 tap (with 6 kegs), but I'm not able to brew more beer until they're empty. Somehow, I never had this problem with bottles...

I really don't want to go back to bottling, and getting more kegs would result in SWMBO forcefully removing my sole-remaining testicle.

I'm a brewing addict!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
aiptasia
Recipes 

Liked 531 Times on 469 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Better start drinking, or find some friends to pawn it off on. Superbowl?!

2014: Seven Heavens Series One: Vilon, Mystic Melomel, Skeeter Pee.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Sounds like you need to drink more, or give more of your beer to friends. You can always bottle from the keg...but this ends up being more work then just bottling in the first place. Other options include brewing smaller amounts, maybe 2.5 or 4 gallon batches to increase turnover.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
hotspurdotus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Just get a couple extra kegs (and hide them well) The lag time between brewing and serving will even let you naturally carb them, saving yourself some CO2 costs.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
inhousebrew
Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 36

When I get a nice full pipeline of kegged beer that is when I start going to the big beers. Ones that can just sit in the secondary for months. I also bottle these for the most part.

I'd suggest that route; barleywine, RIS, big Belgians, Baltic Porter is a good brew this time of year, sours if you're into that, lagers if you can.

I hate Walder Frey...

Old 01-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
allthingsgiant

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Get growlers (say 10 of them), and fill them up and take them with wherever you go (friend's house, family functions, church?!) Leave them behind if needed, and get the empties back as you revisit these people. You'll empty your kegs 6 beers at a time faster, and you'll make more friends who will seemingly keep asking for more beer. Your problem will be solved...

Old 01-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
AgentHubcap
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I'm having a superbowl party (and 2 of those kegs had better kick!!!), and I bring beer to the office every Friday.

SWMBO was asking me why I can't just sell growler fills. lol

Primary: McPoyle IIPA, Red-x/Amarillo SMaSH
On Deck: Eau Rouge
On Tap: McPoyle IIPA, Samsquanch RIS, Calypso SMaSH, Regal Pale Ale

Old 01-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
LLBeanJ
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 247 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Just admitting you have a problem is the most difficult step. Now you can begin the process of recovery.

Since drinking more is probably not the best answer, as it could lead to a much bigger problem, your best options are to give more away and/or make smaller batches. I do 4 gallon batches into the fermenter, which yields about 3.25-3.5 gallons into the keg. I also give away plenty. This way, I get to brew every couple of weeks.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #9
emiller0408
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentHubcap
Since I got my kegerator, I feel like I'm not able to brew as often as I would like. I picked up a 6 tap (with 6 kegs), but I'm not able to brew more beer until they're empty. Somehow, I never had this problem with bottles...

I really don't want to go back to bottling, and getting more kegs would result in SWMBO forcefully removing my sole-remaining testicle.

I'm a brewing addict!!!
If I had to venture a guess, I'd say she's pissed about all the money you're spending on brewing. No problem, I've figured out a method so that SWMBO is none the wiser to money I've spent.

eBay has a nice little feature called "bill me later", Which is an interest free purchase as long as you pay it off in 6 months. Basically all you do is buy what you need with this feature and slowly pay it off over the 6 months so she doesn't notice a boatload of funds coming out of your checking account all at once. Then make sure you're home first on the day it's being delivered and you're all good.

I've purchased most of my golf clubs and kegging supplies using this sneaky little trick. Sure, she knows I've bought stuff, but doesn't actually see the full dollar amount I've spent. Do this, and she'll stay off your ass about your purchases.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #10
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner

Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiller0408 View Post
If I had to venture a guess, I'd say she's pissed about all the money you're spending on brewing. No problem, I've figured out a method so that SWMBO is none the wiser to money I've spent.

eBay has a nice little feature called "bill me later", Which is an interest free purchase as long as you pay it off in 6 months. Basically all you do is buy what you need with this feature and slowly pay it off over the 6 months so she doesn't notice a boatload of funds coming out of your checking account all at once. Then make sure you're home first on the day it's being delivered and you're all good.

I've purchased most of my golf clubs and kegging supplies using this sneaky little trick. Sure, she knows I've bought stuff, but doesn't actually see the full dollar amount I've spent. Do this, and she'll stay off your ass about your purchases.
Awesome marriage/relationship advice...deceive your significant other. what a shame

Quick Reply