I hate ignorant people

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why even care what he likes? Let him figure it out. He's no different than the adamant BMC guy is. There is a WORLD of beer.

If he's interested in what you brew, fine, give him an overview, but don't labor it. If he happens to actually want to know more, then give him more info.

I try not to be the 'Good Beer Ambassador', because after all the things you can tell someone about quality beer, they more than likely won't care about what you like, either, unless they they are open-minded, and already looking for more in beer flavor.

Grow a thicker skin. :)

there's a guy at my work who was stationed in Germany and we would go to lunch with him on occasion and he would pass up beer because it wasn't German beer a lot. Fine, whatever. What really annoyed me was his insistence that all the beer he liked in Germany was 15-20% alcohol and how everything here was weak. I'm pretty sure he wasn't drinking only Eisbocks, so his bull**** shone right through.

I was stationed in Germany for quite a while and there were some great beers but there were also some turds in the punchbowl. Craft beer is obviously on the upswing but I wonder if the big brewers are helping or hurting by producing their version. When I go to a party I always bring a sixer of my latest to the host. Maybe we can wean people off piss beer one party at a time.

My guess is he drinks Heineken and thinks it's German. I lived in Germany too for 5 years and while the beer is very good, there are plenty of American and other beers that are just as good. It is mostly snobs that snub all but German beer.

Guarenteed you could put 10 beers in front of him from different places and he couldn't guess 10% of them correctly. You should try that with him and make him look like as ass!

I sometimes tell people i make my own beer and if they are curious i will talk about it, but i never approach people with the beer subject, 80% of the people i meet are totally beer illiterates anyways, and im not much of an "Educator" wannabe.

Who cares if they like their BMC piss?

Latest posts

Back