Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I got shut down - no more outdoor brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2010, 02:16 PM   #191
chrislehr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Eff HOA's. I am SO SO SO glad I bought a home without one. We have a "neighborhood association" but there are no rules, and no fees (optional donations only)

I have had a pile of dirt in my driveway for the better part of 5 months now. And I brew out in the garage/driveway everytime.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2010, 02:45 PM   #192
willynilly
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

50A GFCI and a control box and those Blichmanns become mean electric brewing machines

Old 05-31-2010, 03:26 PM   #193
completegeek
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Not to be petty, but I can sure play that game if they want to. You may not be able to beat the system, but you sure can break it. I would look at the handbook and report every single infraction that I saw. Hey, it's their rules. If they are going to be A$@es about it then I can be a bigger one.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:11 PM   #194
alecoholic
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm not sure why people choose to live like rats stacked on top of each other in places like townhomes but if you accept that type of lifestyle, you deserve what you get. So just brew indoors. In the wintertime I brew 6 gallon all grain indoors on my electric stove, granted it is more powerful than the average stove and takes a little longer to get to a boil than my propane burner but once it gets there it works just fine.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:34 PM   #195
COLObrewer
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecoholic View Post
I'm not sure why people choose to live like rats stacked on top of each other . . . . . . .
+1, a lot of people seem to need a LOT of rules and regulations governing their every move in order for them to survive.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #196
SOB
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
I'm not sure why people choose to live like rats stacked on top of each other in places like townhomes but if you accept that type of lifestyle, you deserve what you get. So just brew indoors. In the wintertime I brew 6 gallon all grain indoors on my electric stove, granted it is more powerful than the average stove and takes a little longer to get to a boil than my propane burner but once it gets there it works just fine.
Some of us really have no choice. Now, I wouldn't say I live "like a rat stacked on top of" one another but I do live in a single-family home housing development with an HOA (OK, really nothing like rats on top of each other but still much closer to my neighbors that what I like so hear me out). I grew up in the country and still love the country but there are no engineering jobs in the country (at least around here). So, I am forced to live here in order to make the nice income that I do. The HOA doesnt care about anything in my community. The fees are low and the hassle is non-existent and I can always drive the 1+ hours back home to let loose and get away but my point is that not everyone "choose" to live where they do...

"I'm much too young to feel this damn old"

Last edited by SOB; 06-01-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #197
Brewham
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Lower your garage door

The problem is Nosy Nelly can see you. Just lower the door to about knee high. That leaves room to ventilate but not observe.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #198
doctorRobert
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Can't have a flame within 10 ft of a structure... only inside of a structure... silly isnt it?

Yo, What's Wrong With The Beer We Got? I Mean the Beer we got drank pretty Good Don't It? I Ain't Never Heard nobody complain about the beer we have..... It Drank Pretty Good. Budweiser...What's the name of some of them other beers ?

Old 06-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #199
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 382 Times on 302 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Dude, if you need a place to do a big brew then I have a house plus neighbors who mind their own business plus a big backyard with a 6' privacy fence. PM me if you want to do a big batch.

P.S. I have no AG equipment lol

murr
Kegged
Modified Warbler Pale Ale (with wet-hop addition&different yeast)

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 06-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #200
throwbookatface
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Dude, people live where they can afford. No need to be vindictive. If you want to take care of the down payment on a half-acre property with two yards and a four-car garage for the OP, nothing's stopping you.
Enjoying: Lagunitas Lucky 13 Ale, Grand Teton Sweet Grass Pale Ale (a MUST-TRY!), Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, some Coors Light too.

Quick Reply