Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I can't believe there isn't a Domestic Tranquility/SWMBO sticky thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #31
ryno84
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking_Target View Post
It's surprisingly simple. If you bottle like me, you need a sanitary work environment. That's probably the kitchen.

Dishes done, sink sparkling, counter so clean you could do surgery on it.... all makes for a happy SWMBO.

I'm really fortunate, in so far that while she only has passing interest in brewing her own stuff, she loves the smell of boiling wort.
My wife hates the smell of boiling wort. So this naturally led me to buy equipment to brew outside. She was happy I wasn't inside anymore. Win-win, so far.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #32
beergolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 363 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 115

My wife is very supportive of my brewing. She bought me the equipment kit to get started, and is Christmas she bought me a nice new mash tun with a false bottom. I sometime balk about spending money for kore brew stuf, but she often says, " just go buy it"

I am pretty lucky that she has put up with my obsession.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #33
Walking_Target
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno84 View Post
My wife hates the smell of boiling wort. So this naturally led me to buy equipment to brew outside. She was happy I wasn't inside anymore. Win-win, so far.
Funny you should mention this, but my wife encouraged me to go outdoor as well, namely for the larger pot for all grain brews, which lets me make more of her favorite beers

Quick Reply