Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I am a Homebrewer [video] Release

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #101
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 513 Times on 394 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsch View Post
To get back on the positive side of things, to everyone else that contributed, and to those that put their time and effort into the writing and editing, well done. It's something I am very proud to be a part of. Thanks to all of you.
You are right. There is a great positive, and a puerile negative from a commercial enterprise that feels it deserves the whole market.

It is a great video that has gained the attention of people in the homebrew community that have everyone's respect and admiration. It gets no better than that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #102
voegeli51
Recipes 

What those BN guys are missing is the fact that it's not just a hobby for most of us. Yeah we all have other jobs, and brew beer on the side. But, we love beer and want everyone to love and appreciate beer as much as we do. I brew beer because I love the taste of quality beer, not to get drunk, well that's not a main reason at least. We are all passionate about HB'ing, otherwise we would not waste all the time and money on this. So, I say, scr** them, GREAT job guys. You guys make me proud to be a Homebrewer, that is what it's all about.

They who drink beer will think beer.
- Washington Irving

Old 07-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #103
HenryHill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

feedback@thebrewingnetwork.com < feedback@thebrewingnetwork.com>

"I was linked to this show by a member at HomeBrewTalk .com.

Your new show is so totally phony, it reminds me of Bob And Tom, except your show is not funny at all. You are all so totally arrogant and condescending that listening to even get to the point where you talk beer is beyond my ability to tolerate your crassness and childishness.

You guys are so filled up with yourselves, I don't care what info you have to share, getting to it is so ridiculously aggravating, I will no longer try to wade through your overcompensating ragging on others in homebrewing, because of your own insecurities.

**** you guys and your opinions on Warcraft , your lame opinions on the I Am A Homebrewer video, and your better-than-everyone-else comments on anything and everyone else, but yourselves. You are not better than others, although making yourselves feel like that is a crutch you so clearly need to use.

It shows how full of yourselves that you pricks are, that you do not even know that HBT is the largest HomeBrew Forum on the Web, and that a few of the members made, just for the fun of it, a spoof of the original just so members could see each other in the video, FOR FUN. It wasn't to impress you jerkoffs, and your comments have severely changed the way you are perceived by many thousands of avid homebrewers.

I am not a gamer at all, I am not part of the video, and I will never waste my time listening to you kids talk down everyone, because I can learn about beer in a variety of ways.

Thanks for showing your true selves and giving many homebrewers a look at how pretentious you idiots really are.

Get help.You may not see it, but you really need it."
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

Old 07-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #104
chumprock
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts

I'm not going to flame them. I just dont get why they would spend the time to flame the vid.

Yes, we are passionate about our hobby. We saw the reaction and interest when the craft brewer video was posted, and thought it would be nice to pay tribute to them, while raising the awareness about our hobby.

I mean, truth be told, outside of these circles, homebrewing is still one of those "mystery" hobbies that a majority of people dont get.

Too bad they missed the point.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #105
land_shark
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Prolly felt good to vent that, but this was all you needed, as they're the type to wear the attacks and insults like a badge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill
"...you do not even know that HBT is the largest HomeBrew Forum on the Web, and that a few of the members made, just for the fun of it, a spoof of the original just so members could see each other in the video, FOR FUN. It wasn't to impress you....", "...your comments have severely changed the way you are perceived by many thousands of avid homebrewers."
That part was very well put.

can't we all just get along?
Jason

Old 07-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #106
farmbrewernw
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Damn that was awesome, I got chills. Great job guys.

I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi
wow, tha more I drink, tha more cohernet you all are!
and stufffff.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #107
caspio
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks for posting the timestamp - looks like I gave up about 2 minutes before the bashing started.

All I can say is.... I'm disappointed. I've always thought that homebrewing is more than a hobby, it's a community. That community has always been supportive, helpful, and informative. Why do they see the need to attack a portion of the community? It's shooting yourself in the foot.

I don't mind honest criticism. I KNOW I've brewed beers that weren't great, and one or two that were downright bad. It's all part of the learning process. The BN episode can't even be considered unhelpful criticism, it's just an attack piece. They really don't even make sense. "The craft brewer video did A. If only they'd done B, it would have been so much better". Then a minute later "The homebrewer video did B, if only they'd done A it would have been so much better". When they ran out of ways to contradict themselves, they resorted to name calling, stereotyping, and bodily function humor. Even the lowest knock-down drag-out fights in the debate forum have sounder logic and a better respect for the participants.

I'm getting myself worked up, and I'm in danger of dragging on and on. To everyone who participated - awesome job. I'm proud to be up there on screen with the rest of you. Major props also to cyberbackpacker for the script, and james for his organizing and editing work.

ps - on the plus side, they did mention the hbt website several times. Any press is good press right?

Old 07-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #108
chumprock
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts

Which one were you, Caspio?

Old 07-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #109
cyberbackpacker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
you do not even know that HBT is the largest HomeBrew Forum on the Web, and that a few of the members made, just for the fun of it, a spoof of the original just so members could see each other in the video, FOR FUN.
Correct for the most part, except when I tweaked the IAACB script it was meant as an homage-- a tribute-- and not a spoof.

An earlier script was submitted by someone else that was conspicuously more "spoof" oriented. My idea was to pay tribute to great beer, and those that make it- craftbrewers and homebrewers.

Homebrewing inspired many to become craftbrewers. In my case, craftbrewing inspired me to homebrew.

Just my .02

-Kevin
cyberbackpacker

Trinke Das Bier Das Du Gebraut Hast

Old 07-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #110
Aubie Stout
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Great job guys.

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."

Quick Reply