Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I accidentally ice distilled a saison

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
runningweird
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default I accidentally ice distilled a saison

So I was bottling off some beer( Graff and Honey Red) tonight after getting my CO2 tank exchanged and found that two of my kegs were frozen - fridge was too cold.

so I didn't bottle those but instead moved to another keg of saison which flowed easily from the tap. I bottled about a case and was happy to see the foamy discharge from my Bowie Bottler - the signal that the keg was kicked and I could clean up my sticky floor.

I go downstairs to retrieve my now empty keg and find it is mysteriously heavy. Surely I disconnected the wrong keg.

no. It is about 1/4 full of very white ice.

I didn't taste the saison yet, but when I do I expect to find it a bit hot at nearly double the abv(it was cottage saison)

My 6 Tap Long Draw Tower Build:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/long...-tower-271578/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply