Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How to stock the hop freezer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
cuinrearview
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default How to stock the hop freezer

I'm looking to get some '08 hops for the next year while the gettings good. I really don't need much, as I can improvise if I want to brew something new. For those that did it last year(before I started brewing again) or those with an inside track; when and where is the best time to buy? I'm looking to get about 3lbs centennial pellets, and another lb. EKG. Other than that it will be smaller quantities of styrian, tett., saaz, etc. I brew IPA every 2-3 batches, and am wandering into Belgium. Are there currently any group buys going on?

Looking forward to brewing some beer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 126

Puterbaugh Farms (HopsDirect.com) and FresHops(.com) are both fantastic vendors. Freshops sells leaf-only in increments of a couple ounces, and has a reasonable variety. HopsDirect sells in 1lb increments - right now they have primarily leaf available, but more Pellets will start to be available in October-November after harvest is complete.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/mass-bulk-hops-81615/ and http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/bulk...61/index2.html are a couple threads to keep an eye on.

Chriso || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply