Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How snobby

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 AM   #111
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1607 Times on 1133 Posts
Likes Given: 2652

I'm not a tough guy, so I'm not going to threaten anyone. But I am going to say that the next person who gets butthurt over a conversation about beer should be hit with a salmon.

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 04:25 AM   #112
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2642 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
I'm not a tough guy, so I'm not going to threaten anyone. But I am going to say that the next person who gets butthurt over a conversation about beer should be hit with a salmon.
What the hell happened to people hitting themselves in the face with rubber chickens? Can we bring that back?

Old 12-31-2012, 04:27 AM   #113
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1607 Times on 1133 Posts
Likes Given: 2652

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
What the hell happened to people hitting themselves in the face with rubber chickens? Can we bring that back?

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:01 AM   #114
Catfish78
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisTX View Post
If you can't answer Jaybird's simple question you're nothing more than a troll. Seemingly a successful one...
This was all completely hypothetical. I figured that was obvious from my original post. My bad for not making that more clear. The beer in question is merely fiction. A mild thought experiment.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I am in a much different time zone than most of you.

For me, I agree with most of you here that say, "If it's good, it's good. I would buy it." Before moving to Finland, I drank Bud Light or Keystone Light. Now when I go back state side I do not order those unless that is all there is. It is a taste thing for me, after drinking European lagers for over 5 years, a bud light tastes of nothing to me.

The responses to this post were close to what I expected. "I drink what I drink and everyone else can piss off" (my thoughts exactly), and the other opinion, "damn the evil corporations that control the industry". I honestly thought that the latter would be more predominant. So I am glad I did post this.

I have worked for a very large, industry leading, company in the US. Now I am in business school learning to do what I already know how to do, but need a piece of paper to prove it, Damn Finns. Because of this, I look at these things from a different prospective. I have a terrific appreciation for the big three brewers, for Walmart, Monsanto and others of the same ilk. Their business models are what most companies would kill for, whether they admit it or not. They didn't get to where they are today by letting anyone take just a tenth of a precent of market share. For their lead pipe cruelty in their business practices, I have no issues. Ethics are a different issue. I could go into a diatribe on that and Beer Wars, but that is a can of worms I do not wish to open currently. Maybe I will have to buck up and become a full member to enter the debate forum.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #115
Ostomo517
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 573 Times on 363 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish78 View Post

This was all completely hypothetical. I figured that was obvious from my original post. My bad for not making that more clear. The beer in question is merely fiction. A mild thought experiment.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I am in a much different time zone than most of you.

For me, I agree with most of you here that say, "If it's good, it's good. I would buy it." Before moving to Finland, I drank Bud Light or Keystone Light. Now when I go back state side I do not order those unless that is all there is. It is a taste thing for me, after drinking European lagers for over 5 years, a bud light tastes of nothing to me.

The responses to this post were close to what I expected. "I drink what I drink and everyone else can piss off" (my thoughts exactly), and the other opinion, "damn the evil corporations that control the industry". I honestly thought that the latter would be more predominant. So I am glad I did post this.

I have worked for a very large, industry leading, company in the US. Now I am in business school learning to do what I already know how to do, but need a piece of paper to prove it, Damn Finns. Because of this, I look at these things from a different prospective. I have a terrific appreciation for the big three brewers, for Walmart, Monsanto and others of the same ilk. Their business models are what most companies would kill for, whether they admit it or not. They didn't get to where they are today by letting anyone take just a tenth of a precent of market share. For their lead pipe cruelty in their business practices, I have no issues. Ethics are a different issue. I could go into a diatribe on that and Beer Wars, but that is a can of worms I do not wish to open currently. Maybe I will have to buck up and become a full member to enter the debate forum.
Nicely put and +1

Old 12-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #116
mjdonnelly68
Always drinking - never drunk.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 139 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostomo517 View Post
=Idiot
Thank you for your intelligent and insightful contribution to the conversation. Degrees is both Math and English - your parents must be so proud.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink because when they get up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Francis Albert Sinatra

Old 12-31-2012, 06:40 AM   #117
mjdonnelly68
Always drinking - never drunk.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 139 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It's martyrdom to miss out on Lime-A-Rita, that's for sure, especially since we all know you'd drink Bud Light with actual piss in it that you saw come out of the hose if someone had a gun to your head.
Depends on the caliber - I really dislike Bud Light.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink because when they get up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Francis Albert Sinatra

Old 12-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #118
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2642 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdonnelly68

Depends on the caliber - I really dislike Bud Light.
We gathered that! You're willing to die over it
Old 12-31-2012, 08:20 AM   #119
Billy-Klubb
Capt. Floccin' Awesome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2239 Times on 1473 Posts
Likes Given: 4484

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
I'll see your salmon and raise you a monk fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
"This is the really real world. There ain't no coming back!"

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...

Old 12-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #120
TNGabe
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2159 Times on 1460 Posts
Likes Given: 2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
yell away, cowboy.

Why spend 5 minutes reading when you can just start another thread?

Quick Reply