The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > how to serve my RIS from a barrel?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
dareibreathe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default how to serve my RIS from a barrel?

I brewed an RIS yesterday and I started to think about oak aging it. Then I started thinking about my buddies wedding which is about 5 months away, and thought it would be cool if I was able to serve just the wedding party a special batch from a small 1.3 gallon barrel. is this possible? I'm thinking I could prime it in the barrel just like bottling.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
jeepinjeepin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1043 Times on 1022 Posts
Likes Given: 35

You could prime it very low. Very little over 1 volume. Do some searches for cask ale. That sounds like what you are thinking about.

Walmart is about the only reason for open or concealed carry that I can get behind. -Randar

Old 02-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 899 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 26

You drill a hole in it on the front and put a faucet in, then route the hose out a hole in the back to a keg.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?
prrriiide Likes This 

Quick Reply