The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How often do you drink homebrew???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2006, 03:07 AM   #21
Carne de Perro
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I drink about 2 a night, sometimes more if I try a commercial brew to see if I like it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2006, 03:24 AM   #22
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 598 Times on 370 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carne de Perro
I drink about 2 a night, sometimes more if I try a commercial brew to see if I like it.
Echo that. The local grocery store just started stocking some good stuff. I've never had Chimay (how do you pronounce that, by the way?), but they've got it...along with most of the Stone and Rogue selection + a few more. Oh, and ditto Chimone's lush comment as well...

Old 10-18-2006, 03:50 AM   #23
Musthavbeer
Recipes 

One with supper, another with The Daily Show, sometimes a little pre-supper appertif, all homebrew. Man I can't believe how great my JZ's Amber Ale is. I only have about 6g left., and my next has to be a Kolsh for my BMC drinker guests. The only consolation is the Kolsh will protect my stock of Amber. I try to slip my porter in on the wife but she's getting wise to my knavish tricks. She loves the Amber too. Damn!

Serving:

A lot

Old 10-18-2006, 04:05 AM   #24
disaffected
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musthavbeer
Man I can't believe how great my JZ's Amber Ale is. I only have about 6g left., and my next has to be a Kolsh for my BMC drinker guests. The only consolation is the Kolsh will protect my stock of Amber. I try to slip my porter in on the wife but she's getting wise to my knavish tricks. She loves the Amber too. Damn!

Make more! Post tasty recipe, please!

Old 10-18-2006, 04:39 AM   #25
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I drink at least 1 day. Honestly, I still drink more commercial beer than homebrew lately, mostly because I don't have much ready. My homebrew goes much faster at parties because I really enjoy seeing my buddies drink my beer. Plus they get a kick out of pouring themselves a pint off the kegerator. Something about that for some reason (even though I have to teach half of them HOW to do it--it amazes me that some people can't pull a pint correctly!).

Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 10-18-2006, 05:03 AM   #26
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 598 Times on 370 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
...it amazes me that some people can't pull a pint correctly
No kidding! This is a skill that any 18+ year old self-respecting man should have! I find myself constantly relieving the pressure on overpumped picnic setups at parties, and I usually have to show my friends how to use the tap on my kegerator. Does anyone learn ANYTHING at college anymore?

Old 10-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #27
cweston

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I am a textbook moderate daily drinker--I have one beer most weeknights and a couple on weekends (maybe occaisionally more like 3 or rarely 4 on a football Saturday or such).

I almost never buy beer, except when I can't figure out what to brew next and need to do some "research." I'm the only beer drinker in my family, so I don't have to brew all that often to keep up with my consumption.

Primary: none
Secondary:
Bottle conditioning: Robust Porter
Drinking: Saison Dupont clone, tripel
Coming soon: Columbus APA, Rich Red ale

Old 10-18-2006, 12:34 PM   #28
rdwj

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

I really only drink on Fridays and Saturdays. I drink mostly homebrew, but buy some commercial stuff to see if I like the style, some favorites and some light stuff for when it really doesn't matter

So - twice a week and quite a few!!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:56 PM   #29
paul_beer

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'd have to say one every other night during the week. Weekend amounts fluctuate. I am waiting for my first kegged to secondary so once that gets up and running I am sure the amounts will increase substantially.

Up Next: Rye Pale
Primary: 2x Hefe: Wyeast 3068 & 3333
Bottled/Kegged: Vienna, Cali Common, CAP, "Spitfire" ESB, Saazy Pale Ale, Irish Red Ale (Oaked and Unoaked), Honey Wheat Ale
Dreaming of: Brown Porter, Oatmeal Stout

Old 10-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #30
trinitone

Recipes 

I have one a week. Because it ain't done conditioning yet. So, to make up for it, I have up to 2 or 3 store-boughts on any given night. I'm trying to get ideas for what my next batch(es) will be. If I had it my way, I'd be brewing every night. However, SWMBO has suggested we see how this first batch turns out first.

Secondary 2: Monk's Tripel...
Bottled: Dark Star Brown Ale, Watership Stout, Yet to be named cider

Well... a person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all.

This kind of an area is the best place for survival because you do have good, basically intelligent, hard working, decent people and they're all armed to the teeth... and that's my kind of people.

Quick Reply