HBT 2015 Big Giveaway - Enter Now

Huge Supporting Membership Discounts - 20% Off

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How much do you drink?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2011, 05:25 AM   #101
bigliver
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

4-6 a night, depending on how the day went and how the night is progressing. During the winter, after work, I reno the house and enjoy beer while painting or putting flooring down. During the summer, after work, I tend to the garden and greenhouse and enjoy beer while weeding, pruning, plucking, and seeding.

A big liver is a happy liver, right?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2011, 06:08 AM   #102
xxguitarist
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

You guys make me feel better about my drinking.
I have 1-2 12oz beers per day, probably about 6 days a week. Sometimes one of those might be a breakfast porter or similar on a weekend.

This summer I was on a hard alch kick, and went through 1l ketel one, 1.75L tanqueray, and 1L Bacardi 151. That was around 3.5 months. Probably was also two or three sixers involved.

I figure thats not bad overall, though ive also been known to kill half a 30 rack of BMC stuff at a party.

Primary: Rotating two batches of Apfelwein, 10g of my "Organic IPA"
Secondary: Dry!
On Tap: Not so Pale Ale, Session Porter, Apfelwein

Old 01-08-2011, 06:33 AM   #103
FishH2o
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Between me and my girl we drink about 2 cases a week and maybe a few more on the weekends. Most of what we drink is home brew and craft beers with in the 6.5 - 9% range. That does not include the wine with dinner. I only drink beer and wine I had to lay off the hard stuff when i got out of school. Saying that we never go out anywhere. I told her one day joking around we have a pool, a man cave, and a 65 inch tv. If I stay inside this fence the cops cant take me away ;-) Anyway, as long as you don't get behind the wheel and you can take care of your responsibilities then your okay...

Damn it's starting to sound like I'm trying to justify myself ;-)

Old 01-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #104
SkylerChaBro
Recipes 

I feel like I drink too much. As it is right now I probably average 3-4 drinks a night.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #105
Tall_Yotie
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I have about 4-5 a week. That is heavier than it used to be before brewing, used to be about 2 a week. I am having to pace my brewing now as I have a rather strong reserve.

According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), "for men, is no more than four drinks in one day, and no more than 14 drinks in a week. For women, it's no more than three drinks in any day and no more than seven drinks in any week."

So be careful my buds! We do this as a hobby, and need to make sure that our craft does not turn into a habit. If you find yourself exceeding the values quoted above, perhaps you should try to cut back for your future health.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #106
Zwetschgen
Recipes 

I drink a fair mix of everything, but I usually have a beer after work. A couple of times a month I get useless, but I am cutting back a lot. Like many of us mentioned the calorie intake is a problem, as well as waking up in a pool of your own vomit. I would have to agree with Tall... I am never one to pass judgement but it seems that many of you drink quite a bit more than recommended by anyone. Alcoholism is a real problem...

Old 01-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #107
BeerWars
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just when I was just thinking my consumption was getting up there. You guys make me feel like a teetotaler.

2-3 beers a week on average. Sometimes that is 2 in one night and none the rest of the week, sometimes it is 1 every other day, sometimes I go without drinking for weeks at a time.

Before I brewed? Maybe 2 BMC's a month, and a case a month during football season. Now I do 1 or 2 real beers during the game and feel like a champ.

Bottled:
Apfelwein, Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale , Deception Cream Stout, Pine (Pineapple Wine)

Empties:
Miller Lite (Really Triple Hopped)

Old 01-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #108
jfr1111
Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 53 Posts

From reading the posts in this thread, a lot are sticking to the 1-2 beers a night wich I feel isn't all that much. You don't get wasted, so it's pretty much like drinking soda. Is it good for the waistline/health ? Probably not, but we all have our vices.

I'm much more worried about the crowd that drinks to get wasted (ie. not homebrewers). Binge drinking is where the true evil lies in my mind, because you stop seeing home brew as an enjoyable and tasty beverage you made yourself (like a bitching chili) and more like a way to get pissed drunk and forget about stuff. Sure, it's fun to get crossed-eye and play trivia once in a while, but I have friends who will spend 100$ a week in bars that feel liked they ruined their weekend if they haven't either hurled from alcohol or forgotten about their night entirely. My girlfriend's friends are particularly guilty of this: they don't want to pace themselves or taste what they are ingesting

Also, daily beer consumption gets a bad name and easily gets associated with alcoholism, while daily wine drinking is touted as an healthy and raffined lifestyle. Classism at its best.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #109
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 841 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfr1111 View Post
I'm much more worried about the crowd that drinks to get wasted (ie. not homebrewers).
Are you sure you read the whole thread?

Old 01-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #110
DaveMcPhee
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfr1111 View Post
Also, daily beer consumption gets a bad name and easily gets associated with alcoholism, while daily wine drinking is touted as an healthy and raffined lifestyle. Classism at its best.
really good point

My name is actually Alex I'm just really paranoid

Quick Reply