New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How much beer do you drink daily?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #391
fastenova
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

I have had chronic back pain for the last two years with nothing helping the pain long-term (nerve ablations, physical therapy, acupuncture, chiro, etc.) and started brewing in January of this year. Since then, I've find that drinking a few beers a night really helps to dampen the pain. Also, I feel a million times better putting delicious beer that I made into my body than narcotics, and feel like it's much less likely to form an addiction.

EDIT: I also had friends suggest smoking weed, and I love the smell of the stuff, but honestly I think brewing beer is much easier/cheaper/legal/readily available than getting a medical marijuana card and buying it from a dispensary, or buying from a friend. I also like the taste of beer much more than I like putting smoke in my lungs.

I would say I drink 2-4 pints pretty much every night that I'm at home without being too busy to drink. If I'm working on projects (like the water supply line that cracked in our front yard, for instance, or after-hours IT projects for my job) then I usually won't drink while I'm working, and depending on how late I'm up working on them if I have time for a pint before bed I'll usually have one while I decompress.

Like others, I really enjoy having a pint when I get home from work. I do feel bad that because of my back problems, my exercise level has decreased quite a bit, and my pants are fitting a bit snug... So I either need to drink less calories or suck it up and exercise with the pain.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #392
H-ost
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastenova View Post
So I either need to drink less calories or suck it up and exercise with the pain.
Suck it up and exercise with BEER!

12 oz. curls!

Old 08-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #393
fastenova
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-ost View Post
Suck it up and exercise with BEER!

12 oz. curls!
I'd be happy to drink while lifting, but it's the cardio that worries me. Nothing like running three miles with homebrew sloshing around in your stomach, getting a sideache, then puking up that Imperial IPA you just kegged. I guarantee if that happens I'll be giving away the rest of that keg.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #394
Boleslaus
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I've been averaging a couple beers per night, which I think is pretty average around here. A few nights a week I won't have any, but on most weekend days I have about 4.

Watch me leap through this hoop!

My current line-up:

Fermenter 1: Altbier

Old 09-04-2012, 02:42 AM   #395
Drunk_Mick
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I work a rotating shift:

3p-11p; 5-8 12oz. bottles over 5 days.
7a-3p; 1-3 12oz. bottles over 5 days.

My days off are Tuesday and Wednesday; 8-12 12oz. bottles in 2 days. It went up drastically when i switched to all grain. That's the magic of homebrew I suppose.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:15 AM   #396
iambeer
Recipes 

Liked 155 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 128

When you drink, your body cannot produce muscle. When you exercise, your body destroys muscle (and creates more muscle as a result) So... yeah, you should take a break here and again. Drink mineral water and electrolytes, vitamin rich foods, etc.

Quick Reply