Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How much beer do you drink daily?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2011, 01:10 AM   #121
JoeyChopps
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 277 Times on 187 Posts

When I was in the middle east with the air force we had idiots drinking mouth wash and making jailhouse houch to get drunk. I always had the swmbo send be booze in the mail

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2011, 01:24 AM   #122
Where_the_Redfern_Brews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have a few a couple weeknights per week with a bunch on Friday and Saturday nights... if that makes sense. Ever since I got my kegerator for my birthday last year I've had a lot more nights where I lose count. The kegerator also helps hide the evidence (bottles) from my wife as to how many I've had, haha. I also drink lighter beers during the week or keep a lighter beer on tap and get good stuff on weekends.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:43 AM   #123
DoubleAught
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_c View Post
One of my old friends said that when he was at Ft. Leonard Wood (Army basic?) some guys drank mouthwash as a way to get drunk. I don't need a buzz that badly.
While in Bosnia in '95 a buddys wife used to fill a Listerine bottle with vodka and a little blue food coloring. Customs never knew the difference and we had a ton of fun
In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.
Bradinator Likes This 
Old 08-04-2011, 01:45 AM   #124
JoeyChopps
Recipes 

Liked 277 Times on 187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddyBrew

While in Bosnia in '95 a buddys wife used to fill a Listerine bottle with vodka and a little blue food coloring. Customs never knew the difference and we had a ton of fun
My wife did the same thing when I was in the dessert only she used green food coloring and I never got caught

Old 08-04-2011, 01:47 AM   #125
HighCountryBrewer
Recipes 

Drink one a day at suppertime. This will expand to 2 if I'm working in the garage or mowing lawn. I'm having 2 tonite because SWMBO spilled the first one. Retired Liquor Store owner.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:50 AM   #126
binkman
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

1 or 2. Sometimes 3 or 4. I've been known to drink 10 or 12, but some days I dont have any.

Bottled: B'more Malty Pale Ale — Orfy's Bitter — Swinging Hammock Summer Kölsch — Dry-Hopped Bitter — Apfelwein — Pumpkin ale — B'more Malty Pale Ale — Kitchen Sink Red — Cider — Spontaneous Cider — Armistice Barleywine

Old 08-04-2011, 02:05 AM   #127
blackbear219
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_c
One of my old friends said that when he was at Ft. Leonard Wood (Army basic?) some guys drank mouthwash as a way to get drunk. I don't need a buzz that badly.
When I was a kid it was illegal to sell alcohol here before noon on Sundays and a couple townies used to do that. Cough syrup, also. Nasty.

On topic, I usually drink 1-3 a night.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:59 AM   #128
jmferris
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Still not drinking with any regularity. Have the odd one every once in a while, and went on two pretty good pub crawls while I was recently in London. So far, it is paying off though. Down sixty-five pounds since January and have about fifty-five to go.

Have a full case of my barleywine waiting for me when I am done. Tried one of them a couple of months back and the thought is making me salivate just a little bit. :-)

Coming off of a year long brewing hiatus.

Fermenting: Empty
Conditioning: Empty
Consuming: Water
On Deck: TBD

Brewing Blog: http://microbrewology.snaploop.com | Follow Me on Twitter @josephmferris

Old 08-04-2011, 06:21 AM   #129
Diaperload
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Before I started home brewing I'd have 1-5 on Friday and Saturday nights after work. Nothing during the week. Well, perhaps once a month I'd have a beer or 2 on a random night of the week.

Once I started homebrewing....2-4 a night with the occasional night where I would 'forget' to have a few.

My first batch ever is almost gone though so I'm not sure what it will be once its done. It's gonna be a week or 2 before my 2nd batch is ready.

"I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out."

Old 08-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #130
Rottnme
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

This should be a poll with the same question where you give two answers, one for week nights and one for weekends.

Quick Reply