The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How many fermenters going at once?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #31
springer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgln View Post
I just do one beer at a time and I use one fermenter for all steps. I have a bunch of other hobbies I do that take a lot of my time too. I also don't drink too much homebrew as it tends to be stronger that what I like to drink gets me drunk too fast. I like it a lot though. I thought of brewing lighter beers but then I would go through it too fast and need to brew a lot and that would be too much for me. It’s a hobby for me, not a beer source.
unless you are doing some big brews there is really no difference in Homebrew alcohol content compared to commercial beers both regular and "light". Most of mine fall between 5-6%.

Light beer does not mean light in Alcohol in most beers, MGD has 5% alcohol while Miller light has 4.5%.Light beers just tend to have far less carbohydrates in them usually around 2 -3 grams as apposed to reg beer that has 12-14 grams per 12 0z. This is what lowers the calorie content .

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Last edited by springer; 02-25-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #32
justinakajuice
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sadly, I have none fermenting as I've been working 80-90hr weeks since bottling the last two batches. I do plan on washing some yeast off of the next batches to save some *dough.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #33
jgln
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
unless you are doing some big brews there is really no difference in Homebrew alcohol content compared to commercial beers both regular and "light". Most of mine fall between 5-6%.

Light beer does not mean light in Alcohol in most beers, MGD has 5% alcohol while Miller light has 4.5%.Light beers just tend to have far less carbohydrates in them usually around 2 -3 grams as apposed to reg beer that has 12-14 grams per 12 0z. This is what lowers the calorie content .
I have heard all that before but for some reason, don't know why, I can never drink as many "regular" beers as I can "light" beers no matter what and not get more drunk sooner. And that may be just my imagination but I have been having that fantasy dream for going on 30 years now. Ok, I drink Natural Light the most (yup, I admit that) because I can drink a lot and still not get too buzzed. It's the next best thing to drinking water while I putt around the house doing things only difference is that eventually I start to get buzzed. My home brews usually fall around the 5% range and they always get me buzzed quicker.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #34
ernie111
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Only two, a honey nut brown and apfelwein.
After thirty five years of being married to me my wife has become immune.

Quick Reply