Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How do people find breweries to visit?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #31
khory
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbauer View Post
i use Google alot but i also will use the American brewers association alot if you go on there they have a list of all the breweries registered with them and you can search by state. i use it alot when planing a road trip because when diving if i see a city from my list i can gust make it one of my stops.
Your state may also have an association. I check out http://www.washingtonbeer.com/ here in Washington. They also put out little maps of where to find the breweries at places like hotels, airports, or ferry boats.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #32
cruelkix
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiB57 View Post
Beermapping.com does require you to be open before the location will be approved, but once you're open definitely submit it (or message me and I'll add it.) My app, Find Craft Beer, pulls from the beermapping database in real time so once you're on there anyone using my app will be able to find you too.
Good to know. Thanks!

Old 08-03-2012, 01:25 AM   #33
cruelkix
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by signpost View Post
+1 for live music. It can make for an exciting environment.

Although, don't do it unless you plan to pay the musicians. Just imagine if a band without a guaranteed audience asked you to give away your beer for free at their concert and told you something like, "Imagine all of the exposure you'll get."

I can't imagine many brewery's just trying to get off the ground would be to excited about that situation.
My place is not very big .... maybe a dude with an guitar?

Old 08-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #34
cruelkix
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
I can sniff them out. Make sure you vent your boiling wort outside so I can catch the scent.

Ha, Nice! I'm definitely venting it out the roof, but I think the Swing Thai next door over powers it a bit....

Old 08-03-2012, 03:34 AM   #35
wowbeeryum
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

for colorado get your brewery development/opening news added to the fermentedly challenged website/blog: http://www.fermentedlychallenged.com/

Quick Reply