Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How do people find breweries to visit?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
cruelkix
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default How do people find breweries to visit?

Hi all,

I just leased a place to open my own Nano brewery in Denver, CO. I was wondering what websites or tools people use to look for new breweries to try out when they visit/live in a place?

Personally, all I ever use is Google maps.

If you are interested in the nano brewery build you can check it out here:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/elec...ml#post4298259

Thanks!

Edit: My facebook page http://www.facebook.com/HighGravityBrewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
mountainman13
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

I Yelp the hell out of a town before I go there. I won't be home until December or so, but count me in for a visit when I get back

Old 08-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
ktblunden
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 261 Times on 161 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Google and Facebook. Befriend local breweries near you and see if they'll give you a shout out on their Facebook feed. Most brewers are happy to help out people who are just starting.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
cruelkix
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
I Yelp the hell out of a town before I go there. I won't be home until December or so, but count me in for a visit when I get back
On yelp do you just search for "brewery" and type in the zip code or name of city you are visiting?

I did it for Denver and got some interesting results. I've never really used yelp before except for direct links to reviews.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
cruelkix
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktblunden View Post
Google and Facebook. Befriend local breweries near you and see if they'll give you a shout out on their Facebook feed. Most brewers are happy to help out people who are just starting.
Good idea. I know most of the owners for most of the local craft brewers in Denver. I'll see if I can persuade them to get me on their facebook page.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
GioGomez2010
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Go to Google Places and register your business so you come up in their maps. Your hours will be displayed, what days your open, etc. but most importantly you'll pop up when people search for breweries in your area!

Old 08-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
Phyrst
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Google and Yelp are my go to's when I visit a new town. That usually leads me to the brewery's website which then makes a big impression on me if I've just got two evenings and six breweries to choose from. Have a good website with some pictures of the bar area and brewery. Have a page devoted to the beer list and keep it current. Show lots of pictures of beer. Sounds weird, but it's a good marketing tool. If it wasn't, you wouldn't go to a movie theater and be subjected to a 60 second commercial for Coke, candy and popcorn before the movie started. Bring in some live entertainment even if it's just a guy playing a guitar by himself. Musicians will use social media to bring in their fans. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising.

Good luck in getting started.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #8
cruelkix
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioGomez2010 View Post
Go to Google Places and register your business so you come up in their maps. Your hours will be displayed, what days your open, etc. but most importantly you'll pop up when people search for breweries in your area!
I've done that already. First thing I did but like I said, all i use is google maps.

Did you know they actually send you a letter in the mail to confirm you own the business?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
cruelkix
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrst View Post
Google and Yelp are my go to's when I visit a new town. That usually leads me to the brewery's website which then makes a big impression on me if I've just got two evenings and six breweries to choose from. Have a good website with some pictures of the bar area and brewery. Have a page devoted to the beer list and keep it current. Show lots of pictures of beer. Sounds weird, but it's a good marketing tool. If it wasn't, you wouldn't go to a movie theater and be subjected to a 60 second commercial for Coke, candy and popcorn before the movie started. Bring in some live entertainment even if it's just a guy playing a guitar by himself. Musicians will use social media to bring in their fans. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising.

Good luck in getting started.

Good stuff. Thanks! Website is up and bought but really needs some work. I might have ot hire a guy. Graphics aren't my thing.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
dbauer
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

i use Google alot but i also will use the American brewers association alot if you go on there they have a list of all the breweries registered with them and you can search by state. i use it alot when planing a road trip because when diving if i see a city from my list i can gust make it one of my stops.

Quick Reply