New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How do big breweries get such clear beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #11
SilverKing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I believe it comes from the fact that I leave it in primary for a month..use finings to clear it, and give it a nice period of bottle conditioning, make sure I cool the wort quicky and chill long enough to eliminate haze.....

If you work on you beer process, AND pour properly yeast sediment is not really an issue...it's a tiny bit of beer left behind in the bottle where there is a glass of uber clear beer. There's no yeast in this beerglass of mine, what little there is is still in the bottle.
+1 on time, cold and some finings

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2009, 05:38 PM   #12
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2661 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3453

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverKing View Post
+1 on time, cold and some finings
Drool!!!

What is it? It looks great!!!

5 hours till I'm home and can have a beer...5 hours till I'm home and can have a beer...5 hours till I'm home and can have a beer...5 hours till I'm home and can have a beer....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #13
SilverKing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Drool!!!

5 hours till I'm home and can have a beer...5 hours till I'm home and can have a beer...5 hours till I'm home and can have a beer...5 hours till I'm home and can have a beer....
BM's Centennial Blonde. had a good 2.5 weeks in primary, couple days on gelatin, cold in the keg.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
flyangler18
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Drool!!!

3 hours until I can have a beer....3 years until I can have a beer...oh wait, I'm having one now with my lunch!

Old 01-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #15
springer

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

like everyone else said filtered. But you can get beer very clear other ways . I cold crash all my beers and some I add gelatin if its not to my liking. I also leave my beers 3-4 weeks in primary then another 2-3 weeks in the keg.This is a red that was cold crashed with no other additives to clarify.

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Old 01-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #16
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverKing View Post
BM's Centennial Blonde. had a good 2.5 weeks in primary, couple days on gelatin, cold in the keg.
One of my favorite beers....

I JUST did it with Saflager, as my first lager. 2 weeks in primary in the high 40's/low 50's in a locker in my apartmnet's garage, upstairs for a 72 hour diacytel rest and racking to secondary, then back in the the locker (which is waay colder right now) for two weeks...I'm contemplating bottling it now.

When I raked it and took a hydro reading, I ended up pulling a pinto out, it was the tastiest "green" beer I have ever had...I nearly drank the entire carboy.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #17
SilverKing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
One of my favorite beers....

I JUST did it with Saflager, as my first lager. 2 weeks in primary in the high 40's/low 50's in a locker in my apartmnet's garage, upstairs for a 72 hour diacytel rest and racking to secondary, then back in the the locker (which is waay colder right now) for two weeks...I'm contemplating bottling it now.

When I raked it and took a hydro reading, I ended up pulling a pinto out, it was the tastiest "green" beer I have ever had...I nearly drank the entire carboy.
almost makes me want to live in Lansing again so I can drive over.

almost.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:49 PM   #18
Mutilated1
Beer Drenched Executioner

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Budweiser is clear because of that "Beechwood Aging" that they advertise about. Basically they lager on a bed of beechwood chips. Beechwood carries the opposite electrical charge that yeast carries, so it makes the yeast drop out of the beer much faster than they would flocculate on their own - sort of how your house gets dustier in the winter when you have the heat on - static electricity you know.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #19
Mutilated1
Beer Drenched Executioner

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

wow those are some fine looking beers you guys posted

Old 01-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #20
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated1 View Post
wow those are some fine looking beers you guys posted
I just realized, they are BOTH centennial blondes.

Quick Reply