Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How to convince the wife i need a freezer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 02:52 AM   #51
sundaypapers
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverUSMC
I put a kegerator in our breakfast nook when we moved, my wife said and I quote: "You should get a chrome tower for the top of that, I think it would make the nook look like a little bar."

how I got my freezer

Wife: where are you going?
Me: found a chest freezer on craigslist for 50 bucks, ill be right back.
Wife: drive safe

Is it possible to keep the freezer on the back patio? Then slowly move it into the house and inch at a time for 6 months or so?
I might be able to put it on the back patio, but I'd be concerned about the Texas heat in the summer, it gets really hot. Of course, if I had a garage or a shed this would not be an issue. I am serious about brewing and the last few batches I used a swamp cooler quite effectively, producing some great results, so I can see the freezer making everything that much better. The wood covering isn't a bad idea, it could basically be like another counter top space. I would really only need to get into it once or twice a week anyway. Thanks for the help everyone!! This may actually happen. She is mad today though, so not a good day to ask for it again, but I gave her a back rub to get the mood right for maybe 3 days from now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 03:47 AM   #52
DenverUSMC
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaypapers

I might be able to put it on the back patio, but I'd be concerned about the Texas heat in the summer, it gets really hot. Of course, if I had a garage or a shed this would not be an issue. I am serious about brewing and the last few batches I used a swamp cooler quite effectively, producing some great results, so I can see the freezer making everything that much better. The wood covering isn't a bad idea, it could basically be like another counter top space. I would really only need to get into it once or twice a week anyway. Thanks for the help everyone!! This may actually happen. She is mad today though, so not a good day to ask for it again, but I gave her a back rub to get the mood right for maybe 3 days from now.
Many freezer will hold up to 110 degree heat. I lived in San Antonio so I am aware that 110+ is a real possibility. If you can give it some shade and its used or free I would roll the dice on it.
Fermenting
: AHS Anniversary IPA
Lagering
: Heineken clone
Next:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply