Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How can anyone drink Budweiser ...yuck

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #11
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 54

It's cheap and everywhere.. I still drink it when it's the only option but in small amounts.. I seem to get headaches when I drink it, especially the next day :cheers:

Father of 4 girls

Suffers from Zymocenosilicaphobia

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #12
DrunkleJon
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1438 Times on 1045 Posts
Likes Given: 661

Price, and its all they know. When you grow up on certain things its what you come to expect until you venture out and get used to different. For example, most people who dont consider themselves wine drinkers will pick a cheaper wine over a more expensive one out in a blind taste test because it is usually what they are used to and have not yet trained their pallate for the nuances of their more classy versions.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
kkramer56
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Advertising. If it really did contain piss, but people related to the advertising, some would still drink it. I don't know how many bud drinkers have told me it gives them a headache but still insist on drinking it.

I have a job I hate, I can't stand being around my wife, my kids write stuff on my face when I am.....um asleep, my life is crap......but, on the upside, I AM drinking the "king of beers".

If it's a headache you want, I can sell you a rubber mallet to hit yourself on the head with.....and you only have to pay for the mallet once, not every time you hit yourself.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #14
Darwin18
Recipes 

Liked 766 Times on 552 Posts
Likes Given: 455

How can anyone drink sour beers? Those taste like barnyard, wet dog, and general funk. Yuck!

Seriously though, everyone has their tastes and there is nothing wrong with Budweiser. It might not satisfy a palate desiring full flavors, however it is a very difficult beer to make and takes real skill, science, and dedication to pull off.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
Jayhem
Recipes 

Liked 271 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 1218

There is a use for cheap light beers. Beer pong games! Don't want to waste good craft brews!

I drank Miller Light for years because it's cheap and refreshing in the heat of summer and doesn't get me sloshed like drinking 3-4 of my IPA's would. Cheap low taste session beers still have a use to me even as my tastes in craft beer gets more refined.

Next up: Belgian Wit
Primary 1&2: Citric Acid IPA (All Citra)
Primary 3&4: Amber Rain Amber Ale
Bottle Conditioning/drinking: German Kolsch, Osage Pale Ale.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
NervousDad
BFM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 187 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 223

I never understood the beer snobbery thing. People have different tastes, I like fish sticks, but I won't eat Sushi or any other fish for that matter. Some people will say I'm uneducated, I'd say to them that they're a d-bag.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #17
Gameface
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 240 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev2010 View Post
Congrats!!! You've hit the 1 millionth Budweiser drinking thread milestone!!

OK, it's light sarcasm so don't get offended I'd say 90% drink it because it's so cheap. The large majority of individuals I see in the store buying 24oz Bud cans don't look too well off. Now of course not everyone drinking Bud is poor or on hard times so don't everyone get all tissy about that comment, I just think the overwhelming majority drink it for that sole reason... it's *cheaper* than soda or bottled water!

I'd say about 5% drink it solely for the advertising and name recognition. Believe it or not there are people walking around that honestly believe the most advertised and most selling products are the best out there. There are some that believe Dominos is king of pizza. The other 5% are simply used to it and genuinely love it.

Rev.
I used to drink bud in bottles when I easily could have picked up a 30pk of keystone light for a lot less. I don't think most people drink bud because it's cheap. Not even close.

I drink folgers coffee. Why? Well, for one I think it tastes perfectly fine. I've drank Starbucks, Seattle's Best, etc. and they don't blow my socks off to the point where I want to spend that much more just so I can have a cup of coffee in the morning (and there's no way in hell I'm going to wait until I'm ready to go and go to a coffee shop to get my first cup). I drink coffee because I like it, it's familiar and comforting...but best of all, it's chock-full of caffeine, which is probably my favorite thing about coffee.

So, back in the day, my favorite thing about beer was that it had alcohol in it. Budweiser has alcohol in it and it isn't hard to drink. Nothing funky going on, no murky, sludge-like liquid in there. Just bright, clear, clean tasting goodness. It fit the bill just fine, and for a lot of people it still does.

Vodka is judged based on how little flavor it has. The less, the better. There's nothing inferior about vodka compared to, say, whiskey. Whisky is supposed to have big complex flavors. Two different options for different types of drinkers or different occasions.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
Jayhem
Recipes 

Liked 271 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 1218

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervousDad View Post
I never understood the beer snobbery thing. People have different tastes, I like fish sticks, but I won't eat Sushi or any other fish for that matter. Some people will say I'm uneducated, I'd say to them that they're a d-bag.
I agree with you for the most part.

I feel that the only people who should be shunned are the picky eaters/drinkers. Those people who won't even try something new for fear of not liking it. This applies to beer drinkers or food eaters. Nothing annoys me more than for someone to not even try something I cook because they are picky and it doesn't look or sound good to them.

Personally I'll try everything once. I do have some dislikes but people that dislike half of the food you can order in a restaurant or won't try a beer because of the color are the people I find must annoying.

Next up: Belgian Wit
Primary 1&2: Citric Acid IPA (All Citra)
Primary 3&4: Amber Rain Amber Ale
Bottle Conditioning/drinking: German Kolsch, Osage Pale Ale.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
LXA1100
Recipes 

I like to look at it like this.

Back when I was a kid, I ate bologna like it was no ones business. Every meal, I wanted bologna.

Now that I'm older, I love steak, 24/7. So good, so delicious, whats not to love? Better in every way compared to bologna.

So, if I'm going to sit down to a nice dinner, maybe I'll make a nice steak, but if I'm just having a quick dinner, maybe in the middle of yard work, a bologna sandwich will do just fine.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #20
gizmodog51
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

because they are mindless zombies that have been caught up in the big money markenting ploy of cool half time commericals during super bowl.
because they were introduced to it as a teen and never branched out to expand their horizons due to peer presure and convienence.
because buttwiper is the king of markenting and weak minds buy into the scam.
because they are ignorant of good taste.......
because they are hooked to the taste just as some smokers prefer one brand over another cancer stick.
because they are lazy & too trifling to seek greater pleasures.
this could go on forever.......

GD51

Quick Reply