Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How can anyone drink Budweiser ...yuck

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #91
whoaru99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markd27 View Post
I don't get the food analogy, you have to eat food to survive, but you don't need to drink beer. On my own dime, I'd simply not have a beer unless it was something higher quality than BMC swill.

The big thing that I haven't seen anyone mention, simply comes down to variety. I don't have a problem with folks who drink BMC, but, doesn't it get old? I'm not talking about some of the folks here that may mix it up with craft beer and BMC, but the guys like my father-in-law that drinks Coors light exclusively. At home I keep 4 homebrews on tap, and always have anywhere from 6-8 different craft beers on hand in the beer fridge. When I decide to grab a beer, I have a lot to choose from, and switch things up. This is the best part of being a beer drinker/brewer today. I couldn't imagine being a BMC drinker that drinks the same exact beer over and over and over again.

This is really no different than any other hobby. Some just drink beer, some make it hobby.

One of my other vices is stereo and home theater gear. It's no different, really, Some just listen to music on a boombox and enjoy it, some have 12 pair of speakers, a dozen or more different amps and receivers, different DACs, a few different CD and DVD players, tape decks, turntables, etc. and still are looking for the holy grail.

Primary: Pre-prohibition Lager
Secondary: Russian Imperial Stout
Drinking: Chinook IPA
Drinking: Waldo Lake Amber
Drinking: Edwort's Apfelwein

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #92
kingjimbeer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wow people buy beer? Really? I thought hbt was about making beer lol! I never judge, I've drank many a buds at other people's houses I can't expect them to drink mine if I don't drink theirs.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #93
gizmodog51
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbfan101 View Post
Reason I support not drinking Budweiser:
1) It taste awful to me
2) I like supporting small businesses whether it's local restaurants or craft breweries around the nation.
3) I support innovation and passion. The whole industry that surrounds macrobreweries(bud, coors) is so cold--like blue mountains cold!
4) My next point, I don't support drunks. I don't blame Budweiser for drunks because we're all responsible for our own decisions; however, I stopped drinking bad beer when I was pretty young(17ish). Ever since I made the transition to good beer, guess how often I've been drunk? It's extremely rare if I ever reach the point past a buzz. Craft beer is to be enjoyed.
5) Finally, and most importantly, I just want people to enjoy beer to the magnitude in which I enjoy beer. It's really a fantastic thing, and I truly think there is a beer out there for everybody because beer is so dynamic, just like people. Hey, psychologist think we're simple enough to be assigned either a Type A or Type B personality, that's two categories. Hmm, what else has two categories and is great...oh yeah, beer: ale and lager! It must be a sign
wonderful way to express the beauty of barely...... my sentiments entirely

GD51

Old 10-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #94
dkwolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 170 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbfan101 View Post
Reason I support not drinking Budweiser:
1) It taste awful to me
2) I like supporting small businesses whether it's local restaurants or craft breweries around the nation.
3) I support innovation and passion. The whole industry that surrounds macrobreweries(bud, coors) is so cold--like blue mountains cold!
4) My next point, I don't support drunks. I don't blame Budweiser for drunks because we're all responsible for our own decisions; however, I stopped drinking bad beer when I was pretty young(17ish). Ever since I made the transition to good beer, guess how often I've been drunk? It's extremely rare if I ever reach the point past a buzz. Craft beer is to be enjoyed.
5) Finally, and most importantly, I just want people to enjoy beer to the magnitude in which I enjoy beer. It's really a fantastic thing, and I truly think there is a beer out there for everybody because beer is so dynamic, just like people. Hey, psychologist think we're simple enough to be assigned either a Type A or Type B personality, that's two categories. Hmm, what else has two categories and is great...oh yeah, beer: ale and lager! It must be a sign
I find it ironic that with your own argument, you shoot yourself in the foot. I'll agree that there is a beer out there for everyone.

Just, like it or not, for some people that beer is Budweiser. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #95
Tombraider2
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

What a perfect brew to slam if ya want to slam some after a good hike, fishing, sweaty yard work. Burning brush, ETC. I love my Costco 36 packs of Bud.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #96
gizmodog51
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwolf View Post
I find it ironic that with your own argument, you shoot yourself in the foot. I'll agree that there is a beer out there for everyone.

Just, like it or not, for some people that beer is Budweiser. And there's nothing wrong with that.
as long as i don't have to drink it ! cheers....
GD51

Old 10-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #97
TwoRiders
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I drink Bud Light because I have a mortgage and two car payments. I also have two daughters and a wife who depend on me to support them.

Bud Light is drinkable and cheap.

Can I walk into the local homebrew store and drop 80 bucks on beer...you bet.

do I enjoy drinking those beers.

HELL YES

can I afford to do it all the time....unfortunately no.

Nothing in the world is better after a long day of yard work in 100 degree heat than a cold shower while drinking a cold bud light.

ive tried a shower beer with craft beers and it doesn't work the same.

So when the kids are back in school and my wife goes back to work and I get a raise will i drink craft beers more often....Yes,

but im not going to stop drinking Bud Light.

Unless Yuenling is on sale.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #98
downtown3641
Recipes 

Liked 90 Times on 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwolf
Don't hang out with many from the wine crowd, do you?

Good friend of mine is what I would consider a wine snob. Now, keep in mind, Iowa historically was a fairly significant player (albeit maybe not a major player) in the grape industy. But to him, Iowa just can't produce grapes for a good wine. Oh, and strawberry, rhubarb, blackberry, cherry, watermelon..... those aren't wines, either.

And you're right... it's not necessarily snobbish to "drink what you like and avoid what you don't". Where it becomes snobbish is when you look down on someone else because THEIR choice of drink doesn't measure up to YOUR standards. And quite frankly, that attitude will do more damage to the craft brew and homebrew crowd than any tongue-in-cheek Buffalo Wild Wings commercial.
Actually, I visit wineries, wine shops, and wine bars on a regular basis. But, I think the wine culture in Virginia is a little different. Virginia is to California today what California was to France 40 years ago.

Yes, looking down on someone purely because they like something different than you is snobbery. However, I find it legitimate to be concerned that others shoot down "dark" or "fancy" beers because they don't know any better and, at same time, support corporations that would just assume destroy breweries I love.

Kegged: Dusseldorf Altbier, Mild
Up next: Belgian Wheat/Rye, Kolsch

Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #99
flars
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 501 Times on 453 Posts
Likes Given: 101

Default Drinking Budweiser

Bud is good because you get used to it. Like the ads in this forum.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #100
Tombraider2
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

We had temps in the lower 60's yesterday so more yard work from WIND and grass is growing again. Was gona slam a few buds but went to the Home Brew. To me my HB is like Champagne, don't drink it all the time.

Quick Reply