Hops Rhizome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockape66

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get hops rhizomes to plant. LHBS and Midwest Supplies are out for the season. I would like to get them started before Memorial Day.
Thanks for any help, Mack.:mug:

Have you checked with freshops.com? If they don't have them, you'll probably need to look locally for someone splitting their current root.

i didnt realize you were in marysville if you ever go to bucyrus thats where the hop shack is located

FYI most people recommend having the hops rhizomes in the ground a little earlier than now. You can still plant them, but you might not get much results this year. I planted my first hops about 2-3 weeks ago, and they're starting to take off now.

FYI most people recommend having the hops rhizomes in the ground a little earlier than now. You can still plant them, but you might not get much results this year. I planted my first hops about 2-3 weeks ago, and they're starting to take off now.

First year plants won't typically get much yield anyways...so you're better off planting them then not.

Either way...the end of may is usually the cutoff in my opinion. It all depends on how long your growing season is.

Anyone know where I can get hops rhizomes to plant. LHBS and Midwest Supplies are out for the season. I would like to get them started before Memorial Day.
Thanks for any help, Mack.:mug:

Howdy! I've trolled these forums quite a bit and gotten lots of useful info, thought it's time I joined and contributed! Woo homebrew!

Anyway, I just got some from a local nursery (www.kentsplants.com), I think they still have some left. They do a quantity discount which is cool so I bought one of each variety they carry and you save a bit, a bit cheaper than Midwest. Kinda hard to find the info on their site, I just contacted them and they were helpful. They'll ship for cost but I just drove since I'm fairly local.

Can't wait to finally use my own homegrown hops in my brew :D I guess according to what you guys are saying though, it'll probably be next year before a good harvest is ready.

But anyway, good luck finding some roots!

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back