Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Hops/grains group buy in Indianapolis?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
dougdecinces
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Hops/grains group buy in Indianapolis?

I'm planning my fall and winter brews and am looking to purchase my hops and grains in bulk for the first time. I can work through 55 lb bags of grains and 1 lb bags of hops on my own, but I know it would be a bit of a struggle. I was wondering if anyone in the Indianapolis area was interested in a group buy.

I use Great Fermentations as my LHBS and the owner confirmed if you buy the grains from them, they will crush the grains for you whenever you need them. I planned on using Hops Direct for hops orders.

I'm going to have to buy a 55 lb bag of Pilsner malt and a 55 lb bag of Munich malt and would love to get some Marris Otter, but know that I can't use 55 lb by myself. As for hops, I definitely need at least 6 oz of Hallertau, so I would love to purchase a lb of those and I'm also interested in any kind of English hop. I definitely don't want to 100% dictate the terms of this, so I'm open to other people's needs.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply