Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > The Hops Exchange

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default The Hops Exchange

I am just getting back into brewing after moving into a new place and I'm astonished at the lack of availability for many tasty varieties of hops. So, since I have a lot of hops in my freezer, but not quite all the hops I'm looking for, I was wondering if maybe a hop exchange might be a good idea. Post up what you've got to trade... and then what you're looking for. Maybe we can help a brewer out....

If you're looking for a couple ounces of hops, then please post up. I think we fellow homebrewers can help each other out in this time of shortage...

Personally, I know I could part with at least a quarter pound or two of 6.0%AA Hallertauer (pellet).

As for what I'd like, well, maybe some strissel, or ekg.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
tbulger
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Great Idea! I have: galena, fuggles, tettnag, bramiling cross. will trade a few ounces for anything.

primaries: BRown Ale
secondaries: Rye IPA
Bottled: IPA, Pigs ear brown clone, stovepipe porter, German Alt, Oktober fest ale, Smoked IPA, failed pale ale, 1st AG ESB, belgian wit, Ipa#2, , Lake wheat, fish Red ale, Smoked wheat,
KEGS: blonde Nugs , Sugar pale light, chin nook ale (gone in 1 week)

Old 11-22-2007, 02:53 PM   #3
Chad

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Oooh, Bramling Cross. I've wanted to try those. I'll have to check my (very small) stash to see what would be good to trade.

This is a great idea, by the way. Especially if everyone does this as a straight-across trade.

Chad

www.chadwrites.com

Old 11-22-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
RadicalEd
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I've got a few ounces of Cascades and Northern Brewer (pellets, packaged by ounce) I'd be willing to trade for a nice German-compatible hop.

Hmmm....What should be a "standard" shipping practice? I suppose now that it's cooler out it probably doesn't matter as much, but it would still be good to have a general idea how how hops "should" be shipped.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:42 AM   #5
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalEd
Hmmm....What should be a "standard" shipping practice? I suppose now that it's cooler out it probably doesn't matter as much, but it would still be good to have a general idea how how hops "should" be shipped.
I was thinking about that too. I figure that this is a thread for guys who are going to brew "this weekend", so honestly, it doesn't matter much. I'd say USPS all the way. Add an extra stamp to the envelope and keep it in a mini ziplock baggy.

LOL... it'll suck for the dude working the Xray counter that day. LOL

Quick Reply