Hops in bulk? (Canada)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it may actually be more cost effective to puchase from Adventures in Homebrewing in the United States.
By the way, they have hops rhizomes for pre-order on sale now, so you can grow your own hops.

www.homebrewing.org

Join up with the HOZERS. ( http://www.hozer.ca/ ) Jason Stranak is the contact. Currently we are working on a grain group buy. Outside of that, contact Bo from Beer and Wine Filter. He is the Canadian Distributor for Hops Direct. He works out of Etobicoke.

They're in Brampton, Ontario, and they do sell one pound bags of pellets.

Thanks for all the input. I compared prices and it's cheaper for me to buy by the oz at my LHBS. I thought it would be different, but no

Can't beat OBK for prices and shipping.They sell hops by the # to and they are in Ontario.

Northwest hops has sent out an email stating free shipping Canada-wide until March 31...

has anyone ordered from them?, ive read some sketchy stuff about them

I heard some sketchy stuff as well. Based selection, prices, and proximity, took the plunge and put in a group order with some brewing friends. Filling the order wasn't as fast as some other places (cf. Bredenhof Farms), but the order did come within about 1.5 weeks (even though I'm pretty close). Good selection of hops. Would recommend.

Packaging was good - sealed mylar (?) that is claimed to be nitrogen flushed, the same packaging I have received hops in before from many places. I haven't used them yet so I can't testify to their quality.

Just received my order today, 6lbs of various hops. A couple of the packages were not sealed anymore, but i'll vacuum pack em up (ordered on Friday).

To be clear, the the packages are supposed to be nitrogen flushed, not vacuum sealed. Did you actually get packages that were open?

Just received my order today, 6lbs of various hops. A couple of the packages were not sealed anymore, but i'll vacuum pack em up (ordered on Friday).

Hmmm, actually, just went and checked my recently bought but unopened packages from Northwest Hop Farms. Indeed, they are supposed to be nitrogen flushed and vacuum sealed. Like the experience of @barneyfife , some of mine were still vacuum sealed, but a couple had lost the seal. So, not perfect packaging.

Back