Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Hop candy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
BostonianBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Any tired that new hop candy that's around B Hoppy it's really good I tired the Cascade

image-652057636.jpg

Old 05-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Teromous
Beer Gnome
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 341 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I've had the EKG and Cascade. I think it is pretty good but it was more of a one-off novelty.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
Gitmoe
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 99 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I've tried most of the flavors. We started carrying it at the LHBS I work at. I can't finish a piece. Some customers seem to like it. I'm also not a hophead in general. Give me some malted milk balls...

Old 05-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
B-Hoppy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonianBrewer View Post
Any tired that new hop candy that's around B Hoppy it's really good I tired the Cascade
Thanks for trying and glad you liked it. It's kinda like Marmite, folks seem to either love it or hate it. That's one of the reasons I decided not to advertise in order to see if it's worth pursuing. After being around since late 2010, I'm finding myself with a lot less time to tend to my hops!

"Neil & I would've tweeted from the moon if we could have but I would prefer to tweet from Mars. Maybe by 2040" ~ @TheRealBuzz, Buzz Aldrin 11:20 PM - 04 Jan 13

Revvy Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Hey, I didn't realize you were still around! Didn't know if you were still in business or not.

You actually inspired me to doing some experiments of my own. IPA Cotton Candy. NOT Cotton candy IPA.

I actually tested my theory with the last few of the box of candies you sent me all those years ago. I didn't show it in my original thread, but here's the pics of me making cotton candy with your candies.

You were the inspiration.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

People Like This 
Old 05-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
tx-brewer
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 16

My buddy and I tried the cascade candy. We he loved it, I hated it, (but I do love cascade hops). Owner of the lhbs said they did some experiments using the candies as priming sugar. Haha

Old 05-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

One cool thing about the candies is that, when I was getting used to the heart meds I'm on and the really low blood pressure from them, I would tend to get a little nausea and dizzy spells. The hop candies kinda helped, I noticed they have a nice calming affect on the stomach.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

People Like This 
Old 05-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
half_whit
Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 88

All of this. I must have all of this.

I just ran out of my sierra nevada hops flavored lip balm. My girlfriend thinks I have a problem... I think the real problem is she doesn't like the taste of hops, so it's kinda a smooch-deterrent

Planning: Heady Topper Clone,
Primary: Nutella Stout
Secondary 1:
Secondary 2:
Bottled:
Kegged:

People Like This 
Old 05-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #9
half_whit
Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 88

BHoppy, do you only use your own hops or do you buy others'? I feel like Simcoe candy would be probably the best thing to ever happen ever

Planning: Heady Topper Clone,
Primary: Nutella Stout
Secondary 1:
Secondary 2:
Bottled:
Kegged:

Old 05-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #10
B-Hoppy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Hey, I didn't realize you were still around! Didn't know if you were still in business or not.

You actually inspired me to doing some experiments of my own. IPA Cotton Candy. NOT Cotton candy IPA.
And I didn't realize that YOU were still around! Glad you're still on the planet and using what God gave you to further the homebrewing community! I'm having a blast and folks are doing some really funky stuff with the candy. Like was mentioned, Scott down at Defalco's said they carbonate pint bottles perfectly. A customer up in New Hampshire actually suggested the cotton candy thing just before Christmas. Lynn from Great Lakes Hops uses the EKG in his tea and a brewer over at Hoppin Frog throws them at unscrupulous law enforcement officers (he told me the story at Homebrew Day so he may have been a little 'altered' at the time)!

So far it's been to Paris a few times, Kent (UK), Nelson (NZ), Melbourne (AU), Milzano (IT) and up to St Catharines (Ontario) last week. I'm just happy to ship across the state let alone to those far away places. I have stickers now so STAND BACK, haha!
stickers.jpg  

"Neil & I would've tweeted from the moon if we could have but I would prefer to tweet from Mars. Maybe by 2040" ~ @TheRealBuzz, Buzz Aldrin 11:20 PM - 04 Jan 13

People Like This 

Quick Reply