Homebrewing Heuristics: Good Beer Made Simple

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a great read, I just got back into brewing after about a years hiatus. I found I had a hard time enjoying it because I was always striving for newer equipment and better this and that. This time I took the kiss principal as far as I could, the end product is great and the time and money invested is minimal, to each their own and for me that's what I had to do to make brewing enjoyable again.

That's great, my man! I'm so glad to hear simplification made brewing more enjoyable for you. Cheers!

You know it buddy, I find to many home brewers feel they need all the great equipment out there to make great home brew when really you don't. Check out my post "Cheap and Easy All Grain Brewing" I feel (maybe just because I did it) that it is the pinnacle explanation of how easy it is to do grain to glass brewing without buying anything at all. I feel the brewing culture has taken the leap from incredible craft brew at home at an affordable method, to incredible craft brew at home with incredible equipment. I find joy in doing things cheap and effectively, it is out of necessity with 2 small children at home but now that I know I can do it the way that I do, I don't think I would do it any differently. Who can argue with results I got 78 or 79% efficiency on my last batch and the beer tastes incredible. Thanks again for the great read. Cheers buddy :tank:, hopefully this post and my pictorial can inspire many more brewers on a limited budget to keep thundering on.

Edit: Remember to each their own, and despite the method support the member, the hobby, and the individuals method of executing it.

If that's what you consider simple, and that's what floats your boat, then rock on. Personally, simple for me is the $5.34 (after tax) pair of paint strainer bags clipped to a stock pot I already had.

Sure, the cost of extra grains due to my slightly lower efficiency will eventually bring my total investment equal to brewers with tons of specialized tools about the time my great, great, great, great grand kids retire, but I think I'll be done fermenting by then.

No judgment here. Heck, I've spent more on running shoes than some of the multi-tap draft setups I'm occasionally envious of.
Different strokes :mug:

Amen, Marathon. Simple is relatively relative ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back