Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Homebrewing Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 AM   #551
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlieNH View Post
I am updating my blogroll. If you are interested in swapping links, PM me and I will happily add you.
Dude, just read your three part Rock Bottom posts... I was dying laughing regarding seeing the dude from the bathroom....and then what happened after!

As for Rock bottom, I have only been there once since they have been purchased by Craftworks. I have been to the two d.c. area locations. The one in Ballston VA had spotty line clealiness, but I have enjoyed most of there beers. I have always had good experiences at the location in Bethesda MD. I think they have created a set of "staples" - Red ale, White Ale, Kolsch, and IPA. Then they rotate different dark beers and another beer, that I believe is each locations brewmasters decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #552
bellmtbbq
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Just started my own blog! I've added a couple of you to my blog links but that was off the top of my head. Hope to post once a week

Fathom Brewing

Check out my blog! Lambic brewday!

Fathom Brewing

-TF

Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #553
Mcbobs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I just got this blog up and going over the past couple days but it still needs a ton of work.

www.toxicdartbrewing.blog.com

It's not 100% about beer. It will also contain some posts about my other hobby, but the plan is to update it once or twice a week. Hopefully you guys find it at least partially entertaining and informative!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #554
Lavender_Pepper
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Hey all! I'm sorta stuck with my blog at the moment and am not totally sure what to do with it. And it's ... well, you can't spell 'blog' without 'drama' right?:

synopsis: I started it as a brewing/gardening/bit'o'life blog when I moved in with a dude. Because, you know, lurve and trust and that fun stuff. Well, poop hit the fan ('I tried to sleep with her because I want more power in this relationship', 'Those (ptsd-induced) panic attacks just make you seem weak. I can't love you if you're weak.') real winner, right? Because of lurve and trust influenced decisions I was at a very vulnerable point: no money, no official job (was starting a business but then it got 86ed because "I can change my mind, this is my house." so there goes that time and capital), and effectively no place to live.

Things came to a head one day and I moved out in favor of a friend's couch. I posted some 'meh, breakups suck, at least I got my kitties' posts on the blog at the very beginning and I've avoided contact with him and his friends. But since then he's been a complete and royal lout, to the point of a month after the move-out and I haven't talked to him at all, but he lets himself into where I'm staying (my parentals had an open guest room for a few days) and handed them a box of 'my stuff' (old toothbrush, *empty* bottle of soap, condoms, etc). Yeah, you read that right. He figured out where I was staying, four weeks after the breakup and chose then to give my mother a box full of garbage and condoms. Because really, we haven't proven ourself a class act before. Also, even though I don't respond to *any* of this and have even been out of town as much as possible staying with other friends to avoid all of this, he and his friends leave just enough 'you suck and are a psycho ex' messages in various ways (ie: comments on my blog, I never approved them) that I'm feeling rather vulnerable if I should I post anything else about what I've been doing...

Like, I feel like if I put up a post of "Wow, I've been having fun and beer rocks." Then he'll start increasing his efforts to be an arse? I know this sounds paranoid, but he figured out I was staying with my parents and gave my mother a box full of garbage and condoms.

Or, if I put up a "I'm tired of this" post and write about how all of this is frustrating then I give more fuel to the 'she's psycho' party.

Or, if I just put up beer recipes... well, that's no fun.

And if I post *anything* then that acknowledges that I've seen those comments and if I don't respond to them then will they try harder and I get to deal with the drama and baggage of a new batch...

so...
Thoughts? I'm tempted to just pull the blog. I'm so tired of all of this drama.

Primary: Fat Tire Clone

Old 02-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #555
bellmtbbq
Recipes 

Uhh no disrespect but not sure if this is a place. Wondering whether this is real or a troll

Fathom Brewing

-TF

Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #556
Mcbobs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender_Pepper View Post
Hey all! I'm sorta stuck with my blog at the moment and am not totally sure what to do with it. And it's ... well, you can't spell 'blog' without 'drama' right?:
I'm really confused. Is this post for real? I can't tell if this is genuine or just old fashioned trolling....

Old 02-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #557
Lavender_Pepper
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 9

No. Not trolling. Wish I was...
basically... I'm rather confused about keeping up my current brew-blog because it was personal as well and I have an ex who's being a complete troll. I haven't posted much on it in the last 6 weeks because when I go to do so I feel rather vulnerable because of his actions IRL and through the webs. Was sorta crowdsourcing among the community here as to whether blogging more is poking the bear and/or if I should just delete the whole thing. Sorry if it's not appropriate.
eta: Plus I rant when I'm stressed and am a context fiend, hence the potential TMI up there.

Primary: Fat Tire Clone

Old 03-24-2013, 03:45 AM   #558
brettwasbtd

Recipes 

Really enjoying everyone's blogs. I think we have all been doing a good job (consciously or not) to only post relevant posts - none of this " I didn't get to brew this weekend but plan to next" type posts. I find myself going through the bloglist throughout the week...great reading material and ideas! Keep it up!

Old 03-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #559
bellmtbbq
Recipes 

Brett- noticed you had added me to your blogroll so I returned the favor.

Almost at 1000 page views in under two months. Pretty exciting. I'd have a lot more if I actually posted more haha

Fathom Brewing

-TF

Old 03-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #560
brettwasbtd

Recipes 

Thanks! I really enjoy your pictures! What type of camera do you have?

Quick Reply