Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Homebrewing Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #521
Lavender_Pepper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakelyc View Post
I have been working steadily on my blog: http://www.alementary.com

It started as a way to help my mostly non-brewing friends follow along while I try to figure all this out. That beer bloggers conference looks fun and we'll be in Boston around then anyways.
Cool! Just added your entries RSS to my Google Reader!
Primary: Fat Tire Clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 04:10 AM   #522
blakelyc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Thanks! Let me know if you have any feedback.... I am still a toddler in brewing experience!

------------------------------
The Alementary Home Brewery
http://www.alementary.com

Planning: RIS
Primary: dark saison holiday beer
Secondary/aging: Fruited lambic, two test American sours
On tap: Dortmunder Export, Cider
Recently Kicked: English mild

Old 12-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #523
Nightshade
Recipes 

Liked 191 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 210

I am not motivated enough to keep up on a blog but did my first webcast on Friday. Planning to do it again on Monday and keep it going as a regular thing. Also may expand it to interviews, tours, live Q&A sessions etc. with various people ranging from homebrewers to nano and microbrewers. I want to focus on multiple aspects involved in brewing, brew culture, expansion and more.

Starting with a few test broadcasts first though so this is my plug to click the link in my sig and give me input of what you would like to see and I will see what can be done to make it happen.

Catch the next Triple Barrel Brewcast Broadcasting now 4/1/13 tune in and enjoy
Twitter: @3bblcast

Old 12-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #524
Lavender_Pepper
Recipes 

Blog redesign / rename and a brew-post in the hopper.

Also, goodness, I'd think the webcast requires more dedication than a blog post! Kudos to that!

Old 12-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #525
lewybrewing
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I hope this doesn't sound like a rant, but for anyone doing a blog it is very important to "NEVER" have a post called, "I'm getting back into blogging" "It's been a long time" or any other like statements. It really makes the blog feel old and abandoned. Personally, I want to feel like you are out brewing and carefully formulating that next post about it. Who really cares if it takes 3 to 5 months a post. No one gets upset about it.

Like most everyone else I started my website as a recipe database for myself and still treat it like that. I can look at recipes, notes and other brewing goodies. Also if people ask for a recipe I can point them in the right direction. I post a lot, honestly to much, but that's OK because they are focused at me and my brewing experience. My buddies can look at see whats on tap, when I'm brewing and the recipes I'm working on. It's all about the journey.

Twitter @lewybrewing

Proud BNArmy and QUAFF member

Old 12-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #526
Lavender_Pepper
Recipes 

I wonder what brought up the reason to do the 'rant'?

Old 12-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #527
Nightshade
Recipes 

Liked 191 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender_Pepper View Post
Blog redesign / rename and a brew-post in the hopper.

Also, goodness, I'd think the webcast requires more dedication than a blog post! Kudos to that!
I brew multiple times a week on average so it is just a matter of turning on the webcam and sharing my day with others really. I suppose it is a bit more than that and hopefully it is evident I am putting some time into it from todays webcast.

Catch the next Triple Barrel Brewcast Broadcasting now 4/1/13 tune in and enjoy
Twitter: @3bblcast

Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #528
lewybrewing
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender_Pepper View Post
I wonder what brought up the reason to do the 'rant'?
I didn't want it to sound like a rant, but I guess it did. To me, this thread sounds like people wanting to increase their page clicks. It was just a suggestion not have those types of post. By all means, if you want to post "I'm getting back into blogging" do it. It just discourages the majority of people from adding your blogroll into a RSS feed.

Twitter @lewybrewing

Old 12-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #529
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewybrewing View Post
I didn't want it to sound like a rant, but I guess it did. To me, this thread sounds like people wanting to increase their page clicks. It was just a suggestion not have those types of post. By all means, if you want to post "I'm getting back into blogging" do it. It just discourages the majority of people from adding your blogroll into a RSS feed.
I concur, and I have shamelessly promototed myself a time or two in this thread. I have mostly used the thread to pick up new blogs which I add to my bloglist on my site. The list is getting rather long, but since I have it setup to order dynamically based on the most recent posts (on top) I don't mind to much. I actually, use the list on my blog a couple times a week to catch up with everyone else. I think there are one or two other members of this thread which use a similiar linking system to follow me as I can see in the analytics who I am getting a lot of hits from.

Another thing I would like to get off my chest is commenting. If I can add something insightful, ask a related question, or add to the discussion of your post, I am going to try and comment. Some of you are really good about responding to a comments and I appreciate it! Others just don't...If your blog is just there for your own recipe database, thats fine, but I tend to think of it as sharing avenue, much like the forum but on a little more personal level. It saddens me when fellow bloggers don't respond to comments. Its good for everyones blog when disccusion occurs.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #530
lewybrewing
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettwasbtd View Post
Another thing I would like to get off my chest is commenting. If I can add something insightful, ask a related question, or add to the discussion of your post, I am going to try and comment. Some of you are really good about responding to a comments and I appreciate it! Others just don't...If your blog is just there for your own recipe database, thats fine, but I tend to think of it as sharing avenue, much like the forum but on a little more personal level. It saddens me when fellow bloggers don't respond to comments. Its good for everyones blog when disccusion occurs.

I agree with the comments. I love getting comments, but I also hate commenting on other blogs when I know I will not get a response.

Twitter @lewybrewing

Quick Reply