The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Homebrewing Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #421
wonderbread23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Many great blogs in this thread! I'm looking forward to reading a lot of them. I just started one myself. I recently moved to New York, so a lot of it will be centered around brewing in small places (I'm in Brooklyn), discovering new beers and events on the east coast, and other in-depth homebrew discussion. No videos, I'm far too ugly for that. You can check it out here:

Brooklyn Brew Blog

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 04:04 AM   #422
mewithstewpid
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 200 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread23
Many great blogs in this thread! I'm looking forward to reading a lot of them. I just started one myself. I recently moved to New York, so a lot of it will be centered around brewing in small places (I'm in Brooklyn), discovering new beers and events on the east coast, and other in-depth homebrew discussion. No videos, I'm far too ugly for that. You can check it out here:

Brooklyn Brew Blog
Nice ill add you to my list tomorrow when I'm on my computer!!!

Welcome to the east coast.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #423
wonderbread23
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewithstewpid View Post
Nice ill add you to my list tomorrow when I'm on my computer!!!

Welcome to the east coast.
Well, things change quick! I ended up slightly rebranding my blog to a different name that better fit the content I'm producing / planning to produce.

bkbrew.com was the old URL, and can now be found at:

The Pour Report

Old 09-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #424
1stTimer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ive posted a little update on some recent brewing. Also, Im going to be brewing a batch using Yohimbe bark. I talk abuot that a bit as well. Its going to be an interesting brew to say the least.

Loving all the posts on here. If someone doesnt tell me they did an update I would never know. So I appreciate it. Also, I realy like the youtube bit. Thats a great idea and you've done it well.

Secondary: Black RyePA, Sour
Currently in Bottles: Zaporter part deux, Black Betty Oaked Bourbon Porter
Currently in Kegs: Donkey Milk Stout, Galaxy IPA

Old 09-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #425
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread23 View Post
Well, things change quick! I ended up slightly rebranding my blog to a different name that better fit the content I'm producing / planning to produce.

bkbrew.com was the old URL, and can now be found at:

The Pour Report
I love your header with the beer bottle/city scape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimer View Post
Ive posted a little update on some recent brewing. Also, Im going to be brewing a batch using Yohimbe bark. I talk abuot that a bit as well. Its going to be an interesting brew to say the least.

Loving all the posts on here. If someone doesnt tell me they did an update I would never know. So I appreciate it. Also, I realy like the youtube bit. Thats a great idea and you've done it well.
Stinks about that stuck sparge! Nothing worse than something makes a mess up a brew day. Will be interested to see the research on this bark. Are you thinking about using it in the boil, for aging or both? I think Dogfish uses some bark or tree root in their bitches brew?

Keep the updates coming everyone!

I just posted on how I feel Seasonal beers come out too soon, and depart to early. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment!

Old 09-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #426
1stTimer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

A bunch of new posts up shortly. Stay tuned. I think i've read just about every blog listed in this thread now. I love seeing all the different perspectives. Best obsession/hobby in the world.

Secondary: Black RyePA, Sour
Currently in Bottles: Zaporter part deux, Black Betty Oaked Bourbon Porter
Currently in Kegs: Donkey Milk Stout, Galaxy IPA
NZLunchie Likes This 
Old 09-20-2012, 03:17 AM   #427
JLem
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 168 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 4

No blog updates recently, but I'm currently in the middle of brewing a pumpkin beer (34 minutes left to go in the boil) with my "patented" shredded raw pumpkin in the mash.

I'll be posting about the brew soon I'm sure. Also need to get around to some long-overdue tasting notes...someday!

My Beer Cellar

Old 09-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #428
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem View Post
No blog updates recently, but I'm currently in the middle of brewing a pumpkin beer (34 minutes left to go in the boil) with my "patented" shredded raw pumpkin in the mash.

I'll be posting about the brew soon I'm sure. Also need to get around to some long-overdue tasting notes...someday!
Would like to see a some design, or blog post, on this patent I just did a pumpkin beer last saturday and even with a ton of rice hulls (which I never use) i had a stuck sparge multiple times...almost thought I was going to have to scoop the mash into a nylon back to separate it! Ended up working fine after a lot of blowing

Old 09-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #429
JLem
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 168 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettwasbtd View Post
Would like to see a some design, or blog post, on this patent I just did a pumpkin beer last saturday and even with a ton of rice hulls (which I never use) i had a stuck sparge multiple times...almost thought I was going to have to scoop the mash into a nylon back to separate it! Ended up working fine after a lot of blowing
Tired of a stuck sparge when brewing a pumpkin beer? Don't want to waste your money or time dealing with those messy rice hulls, but still want all the pumpkiny goodness from using real pumpkin in your brew? Well, now you can, with this limited-time offer! For just three installments of $9.99 (plus applicable shipping and handling) you can start brewing the best pumpkin beer of your life...without any of the usual pumpkin problems! But, wait, there's more! Be one of the first 100 customers and I'll throw in a handy-dandy beer belt for FREE! That's right. FREE! Now you can guzzle down those pumpkin beers in style!

My Beer Cellar
BlakeL Likes This 
Old 09-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #430
HambonesBrews
Recipes 

Nice thread! I have been keeping up with a blog since I started brewing a year and a half ago. Just added some photos of my homegrown hops that will soon be harvested. http://www.lukesbrews.blogspot.com/2...t-is-near.html
I love seeing traffic on the blog, let's me know there are people actually reading it! Hope you all enjoy and I definitely welcome comments.

Cheers!

Quick Reply