Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Homebrew Wednesday Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #51
bmeyer46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premnasbiaculeatus View Post
Alright Bmeyer! Glad to see you found this thread. I'm looking forward to seeing you try your cherry wheat.
just found you channel with this post...subbed to you now!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #52
MisterTipsy
Recipes 

Liked 224 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post

Alcoholic root beer Sir? I like the cut of your jib!
Should be around 2%. A little booze and fermentation enhances the flavor a bit.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #53
MisterTipsy
Recipes 

Liked 224 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Let's all do a real time brew day video on uStream. If you have an Iphone or Android it would be easy. If you have sufficient desktop resolution, you can view several dozen of us brewing in real time at the same time.

Clothing is optional for the ladies.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:41 AM   #54
bmeyer46
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 10

believe me...you wouldn't want to see me WITHOUT my clothes!!!

Old 09-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #55
dantheman13
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTipsy View Post
Let's all do a real time brew day video on uStream. If you have an Iphone or Android it would be easy. If you have sufficient desktop resolution, you can view several dozen of us brewing in real time at the same time.

Clothing is optional for the ladies.
Now you're getting it! It's all about community. Several YouTubers have already live casted their brewdays (CraigTube, Hockyplr, Hattrick364, etc.). Many of us have had conversations/brewdays on oovoo or Google Plus.

If you want to see the HBW videos each week, just search YouTube for "homebrew wednesday, this week", and sort by Upload Date.

For those of you who don't know, YouTube has served as a community for homebrewers for some time now. In the old days there weren't many people making videos (CraigTube, Bobby_M, JakeCPUNut, Steeljan, etc). People would demonstrate how to make beer, talk about their tips, or just talk about their brewing in a vlog sort of manner for the sake of discussion. It really isn't much different than this forum, it's just a little more personal.

A little over a year ago, Youtube and HBT user Sjporr just kind of shot an idea out there, and that was Homebrew Wednesday, a day where homebrewers could upload whatever video they wanted that related to homebrew. The idea caught on after HokieHomebrew on YouTube responded as well as a few others. Homebrewers who followed Craig or JakeCPUNut or whoever started coming out of the woodwork and joining in. Some people come and go, but new people make a video every week.

The last year of HBW has actually been quite incredible. The YouTube community functions almost like a club. We've done several experiments together, gifted beers to each other, and met some wonderful people. The last HokieHomebrew experiment was a yeast experiment involving 20 people. I got to taste 20 different English yeasts in the same recipe (brewing practices and water aside)!

HBW is not for every homebrewer or even ever homebrewer that posts videos on YouTube. No one is going to get their feelings hurt if people choose not to watch or if people don't join in. But it has encouraged a wealth of information and a connection with other brewers around the world that has improved my brewing experience.

Cheers,
Dan

I owe MrK305 a beer!

My YouTube Channel
Milk The Funk

Dan Likes This 
Old 09-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #56
onipar
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Hey, Dan! Good to see you here.

I started with youtube for my horror writing, putting up a couple cheapo book trailers and readings. I then experimented with a couple beer reviews, but I sucked at that, and was ready to stop making videos when I stumbled on the whole HBW thing.

I had no idea what the deal was, but I quickly realized above all else, it's about community, just like it is here. Over the course of a couple weeks I had homebrew trade offers, help with problems, and recipe swaps.

I don't always make an HBW video, and I don't necessarily post every week, but it's a hell of a good time, and just another layer to the hobby.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #57
GeorgiaTiger
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Here is my HBW for this week. Its my first one!

Allen
"Im an airlock sniffer...I sniff airlocks"
Primary 1: Empty
Primary 2 (LBK): Empty
On Deck - IPA of some sort
Bottled - Irish Red Ale
Wicked Gnome HomeBrewing

Dan Likes This 

Quick Reply