Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Homebrew Supply Websites

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #331
Salukibrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I just had a friend open a shop in the Chicago Area called Chicago Brew Werks. Sorry I can't help on the Midwest order but consider swinging by their web page next time you are ordering ingredients.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #332
Frogger42
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanedoc View Post
Midwest seems to be dropping the ball lately on shipping. I have switched most of my ordering to Northern Brewer
Me too, it just seems all too easy to get something out in a timely manner

Old 02-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #333
lagalaxy
Recipes 

This may have been mentioned before in this thread but I live in the Seattle area and I was wondering if anyone knew of a local home brew shop or even a local internet site.
Thank you for your time.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #334
NJBlah
Recipes 

I am from South Jersey. Our LHBS is in a flea market and way over priced. The other nearest one I have been able to find is in Philly. Am I doomed to online shopping?

Old 03-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #335
FlyDoctor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 16

In my town in MN we have to brew shops. They're great for usual things like equipment and accessories, but also luck that I consider NB another local shop as they are located just 1 hour away. Love their service, and their kits are well assembled, great instructions, and you gotta love brewing TV!

Old 03-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #336
Balto
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlah View Post
I am from South Jersey. Our LHBS is in a flea market and way over priced. The other nearest one I have been able to find is in Philly. Am I doomed to online shopping?
http://www.love2brew.com/

Primary: Vanilla Cream Ale
Primary: English Bitter Ale
Keg 1 American Cream Ale
Keg 2 CO2
Future Brews

Old 03-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #337
Grubba
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanedoc View Post
Midwest seems to be dropping the ball lately on shipping. I have switched most of my ordering to Northern Brewer
Agreed. I just resurrected an old thread to point out that fact but I should've looked in this thread first! I've always received my NB orders within two days (sometimes the next day if I place my order early) and that's with their standard $7.99 shipping. I've now placed two orders with Midwest and both times it is a much slower process (for example I placed a large order there on Wednesday night and now it's Friday afternoon and the order still hasn't even shown up in my Recent Orders). No confirmation email from them or anything. Are they having employee problems there or something?

Edit: just off the phone with Midwest customer service and apparently they're having issues with Paypal not notifying them that payments have been accepted. So that might explain some of the delays people have had. The guy on the phone was helpful and said my order would be sent out ASAP and reach me tomorrow.

Edit #2: Well guess what, I didn't receive my order yesterday like Midwest customer service promised.

Last edited by Grubba; 03-16-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #338
shmEk
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I love MoreBeer.com, and use them usually. I like AHS as well, and have had great experiences with both companies on the service end. MoreBeer reshipped a replacement bag of syrup no questions asked when I had one arrive with a leak/defective cap. AHS packed my yeast to me no charge for ice on their own out of their own good conscience. Shipping Free over 100$. I have had good equipment deals from KegConnection.com too.

HOWEVER, contrary to the quote in the OP, shipping on bulk is usually NOT Free at MoreBeer. I haven't ever seen it free actually, but free on everything else if over 59 bucks (which used to be 49 also). I was horrified on shipping and had to change my order after much planning to order bulk from them. (Product Does Not Qualify For Free Shipping) is usually on any bulk grain page on their site.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #339
TNTgill
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Just wanted to say a few nice words about Midwest. I originally started with the Feb. groupon offer and got my order just a few days after placing it. I had a problem with my order and within 25 minutes of sending an email I had some give me a call on a saturday afternoon to make sure my order was correct. In the groupon offer I recieved a $25 gift card/coupon so I redeemed it yesterday on an order for 2 AG kits, some mash stabilizer, DME and a few other small items. Again I screwed up my order and within 3 hours of sending an email asking if I could get my grains double crushed I had received a reply that it would be no problem. They also had a $5 dollar off $50 dollar order coupon to use also. Yeah shipping is higher than others but their customer service rocks!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #340
TapItHomebrew
Recipes 

Default South Jersey LHBS option

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlah View Post
Check out www.tapithomebrew.com in Egg Harbor City. If you have any questions email info@tapithomebrew.com

Quick Reply