New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Homebrew Supply Websites

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 06:23 AM   #251
tenchu_11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

so far homebrewersoutpost out of flag staff have been the best for me. I live in Alaska and they only charge me $9.00 shipping for an 8lb box kit with liquid yeast. While other sites (including morebeer) want to charge me upwards of $26.00 kinda lame.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:52 AM   #252
tenchu_11
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I just got my kit from the Grape and Granary (Grapeandgranary.com). Good service and they shipped to out here in the middle of the ocean. They didn't over charge for shipping.
fish
I read their shipping policy which is great for me since i live in a very rural area in Alaska. "We will not charge your credit card until we send and you accept a shipping quote. "

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #253
brewsbrothers
Recipes 

Niagara Traditional HomeBrew is the place to go in western New York, Buffalo area, also Buffalo Kegworks has a good selection of homebrewing supplies, equipment ect.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #254
TapItHomebrew
Recipes 

Default Tap It Homebrew

Southeastern, NJ's only fully stocked Homebrew Supply Shop. New Homebrew Supply Shop in Egg Harbor, NJ, Tap It Homebrew Supply. Wine and beer making supplies. Competitive prices, not your typical overpriced LHBS. Grains sold according to what your recipe calls for, not by the pound! Hops packaged in sealed, foil bags keeping oxygen, light and moisture out.

Online store coming soon, www.tapithomebrew.com. Until the webstore is set up, send email if you are interested in purchasing online, contact@tapithomebrew.com

Last edited by TapItHomebrew; 10-22-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #255
bferullo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 7

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com

this is a good site and good customer service. Although, my past few orders have taken time to process/ship. When I first started using them it was usually a 3 day turnaround time. Lately I am up to closer to 5-7 days. Guess their expansion slowed down the turn around time. BUT, their customer service is still #1 and product line great. So, I will just have to be patient. Anyone else experiencing this also?

Old 12-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #256
Clann
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Man I love Northern Brewer. I ordered from them on friday morning and am scheduled for delivery today. Its tuesday BTW. Four days from order to delivery.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:26 AM   #257
bortology
Recipes 

Any good suppliers in Canada?

Old 12-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #258
rustym
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 56

I've been looking at internet sites for the past 3 months or so trying to figure out what kit would be best for a beginner and what equipment I would want to start brewing with.

There is a lot to say about using a local supply house. I decided to stay local and use our local supplier here in Charlotte, Alternative Brewing (or Homebrew Adventures, as listed on the first page of this thread). I'm glad I went with them.

They were extremely helpful, gave me some good discounts and hopefully I'll get some good advice as I grow in this sport!

Old 01-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #259
kopher
Recipes 

I usually use Austin, morebeer, or Northern Brewer, but last time I tried Midwest Supplies (only place I could find 2 gallon fermenters, plus prices are good) and I just have to say I had a very poor experience.
I got 4 of those 2 gallon buckets and they were all badly scratched on the bottom. I've heard scratched buckets are bad since they can harbor bacterias and when I emailed them they were just dismissive: "it's due to the manufacturing process." Maybe, but it sounded suspicious, and the scratches are not uniform or anything. They were willing to let me send it back, but I'd have to find a box that fit and it sounded like a pain so I decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Then on my next brew day as my wort was chilling and I was preparing the primary -- which was a 6g fermenter bucket, also from Midwest -- I couldn't get the spigot to fit into the spigot hole...I tried both the spigot it came with and a couple others, the hole was just a bit too small. I was able to finally get one in by a combination of jamming and twisting but then it leaked! When I emailed Midwest back I got another dismissive response: "they are drilled smaller on purpose...twist it in."

Again, they offered to let me return it, but by then I'd thrown away the box and it still wasn't worth tracking down shipping material for a few dollars.

Of course at bottling time as I was using the capper I'd gotten from Midwest to replace my cheap one I noticed it was somewhat crooked -- and sure enough all the caps were going on lopsided and not airtight.

Anyway, I've rarely had problems before with any equipment, and the times I have the other online shops have really been great about sending me replacements immediately. It's not even the cost -- I don't have an LHBS so if I get bad equipment it can be a disaster.

Just wanted to see if anyone's had similar issues...otherwise maybe this is a warning, or maybe it was just terrible luck.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #260
Wiking44
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopher View Post
I usually use Austin, morebeer, or Northern Brewer, but last time I tried Midwest Supplies (only place I could find 2 gallon fermenters, plus prices are good) and I just have to say I had a very poor experience.

Just wanted to see if anyone's had similar issues...otherwise maybe this is a warning, or maybe it was just terrible luck.
I order from Midwest Supplies and I've never had a single problem. Even when I griped that I thought the yeast they sent me wasn't viable they offered to replace it. Pretty much every piece of equipment I own I got from them.

They are very helpful on the phone...rather than e-mail try calling them next time.

Quick Reply