New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Homebrew shop near Hoboken, NJ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #11
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 832 Times on 618 Posts
Likes Given: 1101

Does Gaslight still have a shop upstairs? That's in South Orange, probably the closest to Hoboken.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2010, 03:09 AM   #12
Netflyer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Ok, I have to ask, your 'location' says 'Europe' so I pictured you were going to visit a HB store to get stuff you needed to take back. If you just need stuff and you need it cheap and you will be here in the USA for a while with a retrievable address you should certainly buy somethings online. For instance I wouldn't buy a 12 pack of EZ Cap Liter bottles online because the shipping would kill me. But I would buy a 55# sack of Maris Otter from Northern brewer when they are having their 10% off sale, and I still save from the local brew shop. That said I still support the local brick and mortar guys because I want them to be there when I need them. Which is about once a week for something I forgot to get or ran low on without realizing it, like yeast or hops...

If you visit the vendors section of this site you will find some great selections. I personally recommend Rebel Brewer, Austin Home Brew, and Northern Brewer... tried and true for me w/only minor issues if any. (mostly UPS issues - and I do have a steep driveway)

Kegged:
RiClarke's Guinuess Clone w/da sour 6.4% ABV 1057 SG 1009 FG

Old 04-24-2010, 09:45 AM   #13
upstream
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netflyer View Post
Ok, I have to ask, your 'location' says 'Europe' so I pictured you were going to visit a HB store to get stuff you needed to take back. If you just need stuff and you need it cheap and you will be here in the USA for a while with a retrievable address you should certainly buy somethings online. ...
My original plan was to order online but I was having trouble finding a malt mill that is in stock (for instance the Grain Gobbler) and I will only be staying in the US for just under a week. Guess I will be reverting to that.
Thanks for the advice!

Old 04-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #14
Sedge
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

BMW = Brewmasters Warehouse

Fermenting: Flanders Red Ale
Conditioning: Blackberry Mead, Altbier, Cardamom Saison
Kegged: Vanilla Bourbon Porter, Belgian Strong Dark