New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Homebrew ruined beer!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 01:54 AM   #1
cjgenever
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 29 Posts

Default Homebrew ruined beer!

Last Friday I got a mixed sixer with some of my old favorites. Torpedo and 60min. I also threw in some 90 min. They were all a little past prime. The 90 min was the worst of the three. I was unimpressed.

See folks, my pipeline ran dry. St patties day saw people begging for my brews and not even finishing their open commercial beers. They were all good friends so I have them what they wanted.

Back to Friday night... I was half way through the sixer when it happened. I went to bottle my small beer.as I lifted the old sweatshirt that blocks my beer from evil doctor UV and there it was. A beautiful bomber of iipa.

I popped the top.I drew a breath of wonderful hop aroma. The amber river of light maltiness poured smoothly down the side of the glass. A dense head rose, bringing the ibu's ever closer to my lips. It was the best sip of beer I've ever savored.

I realize that I have little for fresh beer here in Maine. Either way, I find it nearly impossible to shell out a premium for old, tasteless beer.

Homebrewing has ruined what I used to know as the best bottled beer around!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Home Brew mobile app

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2014, 02:20 AM   #2
muels
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I can get fresh stuff here. I love my home brew but still enjoy a nice commercial oatmeal stout. I also usually have a fat tire or an assorted IPA laying around as well.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Old 03-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #3
Calichusetts
Recipes 

Liked 160 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjgenever View Post
I realize that I have little for fresh beer here in Maine.
Except Maine Brewing Company...which is epic!

Drink on buddy

Old 03-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
cjgenever
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 29 Posts

I'm sorry I should have been more descriptive. there is good beer pretty much anywhere you go in the US. I wasn't counting overpriced craft brews bottled in bombers or some of the great fresh drafts we can get. I can brew a batch of beer for what two bombers would cost and I only drink out probably once every few years. to be fair I had a fresh sea dog draft a few months ago. it was good but I still pay through the nose for it.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
Clarke
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjgenever View Post
I'm sorry I should have been more descriptive. there is good beer pretty much anywhere you go in the US. I wasn't counting overpriced craft brews bottled in bombers or some of the great fresh drafts we can get. I can brew a batch of beer for what two bombers would cost and I only drink out probably once every few years. to be fair I had a fresh sea dog draft a few months ago. it was good but I still pay through the nose for it.

Your right, beer is over priced. I refuse to buy beer at a restaurant for 4-6 dollars a glass when for a few bucks more I can buy a 6 pack and enjoy it in the safety of my home. I do enjoy drinking other craft beer, it gives me inspiration and creative ideas that I may not have gotten otherwise.

I tell you what I do hate is our local brewery charges the same price for a glass of beer as the local bar does... This erks me because they don't have shipping costs and they are only open for a couple of hours for a couple of days, not like they will take away competition or something.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #6
krenshaw
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calichusetts View Post
Except Maine Brewing Company...which is epic!
Mean Old Tom is and probably will be my favorite brew for as long as i can think of.. if anybody hasn't tried that you're in for a treat

~ A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.

DOWN THE HATCH BREWING
Stainless Hop Spider | Wooden Brew Rig | Dual Hinge Keezer Build

Primaries.. Apfelwein, The Fox Says... Yum, Shot in the Dark
Keg 1: The Fox Says... Yum | Keg 2: Shot in the Dark | Keg 3: Second Breakfast Oatmeal Stout Clone
Bottles: lots full and even more empty

Quick Reply