Homebrew Obsession

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cableguy0170

Reaction score
How many on here spend their days at work finding themselves logging into HBT? or for that matter searching the web about homebrewing. I know I'm quilty.

Oh yeah. I know I do. I also have both C. Papzian Books, The Brewmasters' Bible by Stephen Snyder, and my recent catalog from Northern brewer with me at work. If I could, I would probably bring a couple of brews with me as well, but I spend most of the day in a vehicle, so it wouldn't be a good idea!

Sure beats complaining about politics. And least spending time here leads to results.

I am quilty as charqed when it comes to brewing obsession. Downtime = brewing time/homebrew DIY time/researching brewing stuff time. So no downtime. I'm a wreck and I love it.

I'm a security guard, with an extremely boring shift. As far as security jobs go, this one requires almost no activity.

I spend a good 5 hours or more on my Droid checking the fourms every day. Haha, good way to spend my time while I get paid.

Im dying at work knowin my keggnig setup I got from Keg Connection is in a Damn ups truck somehwhere in this city waiting to be dumped at my house. I already got the fridge ready, a beer to be kegged and I am here as usual at work obsessing over brewing even worse than usual!

Im dying at work knowin my keggnig setup I got from Keg Connection is in a Damn ups truck somehwhere in this city waiting to be dumped at my house. I already got the fridge ready, a beer to be kegged and I am here as usual at work obsessing over brewing even worse than usual!

Man, and it looks like you might be coming down with a cold too........

I'm right there with everyone else. Instead of chit-chatting around the coffee pot, I spend my couple of minutes checking the forum posts. I always think of it as personal sanity time while at work.... Hahaa

Guilty of said charges as well. I have even given up playing World of Warcraft for the most part just so I can read more on brewing. My lunch hour now spans multiple hours so I can log in and check on new topics. *sigh*

Guilty of said charges as well. I have even given up playing World of Warcraft for the most part just so I can read more on brewing. My lunch hour now spans multiple hours so I can log in and check on new topics. *sigh*

Congratu****lations!

I sometimes read a book on my phone at poopy time.

And I forgot I was planning on staying late today to do some database maintenance. So while that runs, I'm on here!

Im with you Jester, when I need a mental break I log onto HBT or if I get in early I'll log on , heck whenever I get a few free minutes Im finding myself on.

You know you are obsessed when you try to log onto your work computer using your HBT screen name and password.......

I have the BJCP guides app on my phone... About 95% of the time, when I'm on da throne, I'm reviewing a style... Or I'm reading one of the clone recipe books. Or one of the other brewing books, or issues of BYO I've picked up (plan to subscribe soon)... Otherwise, if I don't have actual WORK to do (between jobs at the moment) then most days I'm on here for most of the day... The other board site I visit is Got Mead? and the Boston Homebrewers meetup group page...

Wow, thanks for reminding me. Forgot I was at work for an hour there...Fortuanately it's about time to go home!

And here I am back at work tonight. Stupid Hard Drive on the PC that collects timeclock data from the touchscreens decided to take a crap when I rebooted it. Getting a head start on the reload before tomorrow, since I had to make sure all of the alternate timeclocks were up and running before the morning.

Should get on home now though. I think I hear a Hopslam calling my name.

Yep. ;)

I am a PI and can sometimes be on surveillance for up to 10 hours. It's crazy how much time I sit around creating recipes and reading these forums. Anyone else check CRAIGS 10 times a day so you can be the first one to jump one some sweet gear for cheap? Whenever I travel I also check the list for the area I'm going to to see if there is anything for sale there.

I am a PI and can sometimes be on surveillance for up to 10 hours. It's crazy how much time I sit around creating recipes and reading these forums. Anyone else check CRAIGS 10 times a day so you can be the first one to jump one some sweet gear for cheap? Whenever I travel I also check the list for the area I'm going to to see if there is anything for sale there.

Exactly, note only am I on craigslist all day but any city that i have a good friend or a family member I check and they do me the favor of buying for me.

My whole Brew corner came from craigslist, I even bought two pin lock kegs today; 15 bucks a pop.

yea, with my job (HR) there is a lot of down time, and I usually spend it on here or craig's list.
It really is becoming an obsession.

I constantly look at HBT at work or check google
for my brewing questions, of course, most of the top answers lead to HBT, so I'm here quite often. Poopy time at work is HBT time too, sometimes I take poopy time just to get on this great forum! I'm on my iPhone a lot at home too looking at HBT, SWMBO might be getting jealous haha

I check Craigslist about 10x a day also..haha usually there isn't much home-brew stuff on it around here, but lately there has been some activity.

SWMBO is starting to say your going online again for your beer stuff...haha

Yup. I'm at work right now... shame that the filter blocks most pictures and shopping websites so I can't do much besides read the forums.

I try to keep it to lunch breaks & such but brewing thoughts are pretty much etched into my skull. I also check the classified forum religiously...

Guilty. Granted I am new to this but I am spending my down time searching these forums for hints and tips and searching other sites for recipes. Really, I should be spending my time on the web planning for my vacation at the end of the month :)

It's sorta worse for me. I'm retired,so I get some coffee (redneck rocket fuel),& boot up the computer. I've got nothin better to do. And tuner cars are getting too expensive,& a 6-point buck took out the front of it's roof last October.
So I'm not even on probetalk.com anywhere near as much as I used to. This is my new,albeit cheaper,obsession. Now if I could just get my lil tuner fixed,I'd be mobile again...

Yup. I'm at work right now... shame that the filter blocks most pictures and shopping websites so I can't do much besides read the forums.

I have that same problem! Although I did discover yesterday that Austin Homebrew is not blocked here at work! Huzzah!

I have HBT on my computer all day at work. I also work in a steel fab. shop so every spare minute I get I am working on my All Grain rig.

Back