New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Homebrew Kicks my butt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #11
abracadabra
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweston
One other difference: you drink homebrew mostly at home, whereas, if you're like me, you mostly drink commercial beers at bars, restaurants, or parties.

I think I'm much more relaxed when I'm at home, less "social adreniline," etc. I think this makes me feel the effects of the alcohol more. I also don't tend to have a beer until later in the evening--when all the soccer practices or whatever have been accounted for, dinner is cleaned up, etc. The conditions are ripe for relaxing at that point.

Alcohol is a depressant, not a stimulant: I think it's more the party/bar *environment* than the booze that get's people more revved up.
Your observation here is right on the money I have to be very careful to count what I drink in social situations as my feel for the situation bears no relation to what I've imbibed (hope I spelled that right) . If I wait until I feel the effects of alcohol in a social environment I'm in deep trouble. My social limit is 3 drinks. Something I have failed to be careful about at home.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2007, 11:18 PM   #12
abracadabra
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher
Same here. Never a morning after effect like commercial stuff...especially the BMC swill.

The nice thing about homebrew is you can control the ABV%. I strive for 3.6%-4.3% beers in the summer.

Am I a light weight? Maybe. But I know I'd rather stop drinking beer because my thirst has been quenched than because it's time to go sleepy.

This is something I should consider seriously.

I've got to admit that I have leaned toward big beer in an effort to truthful tell the wife and Dr. I only drink 2 beers a day except on rare or special occasions.

To my wife ( I refuse to type SWMBO as I ware the pants in this family my wife said I could ) 2 beers is cause to attend AA.

Thanks for the input everyone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply