Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > homebrew give away or sell?
View Poll Results: Is wrong to ask someone to pitch in for drinking your beer
I would give away 99% of my beer for free I do it because I love to make it, not drink it. 45 27.78%
no one else is allowed to drink my beer! I made it, its mine. 6 3.70%
I think once someon has consumed over 25% of the batch, they should help pay to make the next batch 102 62.96%
I'm too dnruk to raed rgiht now. :-) 9 5.56%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #51
Matrix4b
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts

My example was meant for a situation that the person is ALWAYS coming over. Don't get me wrong. I offer to guests and take my brew to parties, occasionally give a bottle or two to a repairman fixing my house and the like.

BUT in a situation that you have someone drinking 1/2 of your produce or being abusive of your hopitality then yes, it would be polite to request some compensation in the form of supplies or get them involved in helping you make the product. Unless you are well off and can afford to make as much as you want then is it OK to ask. It is also OK to have them drink something other than your prized home brew if they don't help out. But for someone that comes over and drinks at your place nearly every day with no thought of kicking in is simply abusing your hospitality. A proper guest would know that supplies to make your brew cost money, sometimes a lot of money, and drinking cause it's free is great and all but don't drain your budget dry in the process of feeding your friends. Especially if they are deadbeats and just expect it to be free all the time with as much as they can drink.

But in a normal guest situation? No charge. Just enjoy and accept the praise of brewing better than comercial brews.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #52
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2771 Times on 2720 Posts
Likes Given: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix4b View Post
...a situation that the person is ALWAYS coming over.

...I offer to guests and take my brew to parties, occasionally give a bottle or two to a repairman fixing my house and the like.

...Unless you are well off and can afford to make as much as you want then is it OK to ask.
I think these are the 3 main points to the thread.
1) Always coming over mooching needs to pony up
2) Occasional brews are more than acceptable. I happily open my kegerator for my friends for as much as they want whenever they're there, but It's not often because we all have kids. If it was a daily thing yes you need to help out.
3) If you're in a financial position where it doesn't affect your budget, disregard #1. I'd love to be able to supply beer for all my friends flowing freely at my house. But the reality is, my budget and free time allows for 1 Batch (10G) per month. Once that's gone it's gone.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply