The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > homebrew give away or sell?

View Poll Results: Is wrong to ask someone to pitch in for drinking your beer
I would give away 99% of my beer for free I do it because I love to make it, not drink it. 44 27.33%
no one else is allowed to drink my beer! I made it, its mine. 6 3.73%
I think once someon has consumed over 25% of the batch, they should help pay to make the next batch 102 63.35%
I'm too dnruk to raed rgiht now. :-) 9 5.59%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #21
Heckle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I give away some of my beer in hopes of convincing some of my coworkers to start making some of their own that we can all share. Have one person ready to start and another interested in beer and another interested in wine.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #22
fivehoursfree
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Most of my friends don't like "good" beer. I share with my brother and dad, which I'm happy to do, but I'll hoard some to make sure I don't run out.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:52 AM   #23
Jenks829
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

If anyone drank 50% of my stach, I would cut their legs off when they are sleeping and light their house on fire. Then I would lay in a hammock on their front lawn, drinking the other 50% of my homebrew and laughed while they dragged their bloody stumps out of the house!!!!

Sorry about that......it is Wednesday....I drink martini's on Wednesday's and gin makes me nuts.

To respond to the original topic, I have a buddy who loves brewing as much as I and we brew almost every batch together. I welcome his help and he drinks a lot of the beer. I feel it is a fair trade.

On Deck: This will be the summer of wheat beer experiments!

Primary: Pomegranate Wheat, Apricot Wheat, Wine Beer

Secondary: 2012 Washington State Merlot, 2012 Italian Carmenere, 2012 Italian Montepulciano, 2012 Italian Barolo, 2012 Central Valley Viognier

Aging in bottle: 2010 Washington State Merlot, 2010 California Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Washington State Cabernet Sauvignon

Drinking:

Last edited by Jenks829; 12-03-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:59 AM   #24
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 424 Times on 345 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I bring my beer to parties and whatnot all the time. Well over 25% of my beer is not drunk by me. I suppose if I had one roommate who wasn't my wife that was drinking half of my beer, I'd ask them to contribute.

But there's no way I'm bringing a 12-pack of beer to a friend's house and then asking them to help pay for it.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:04 AM   #25
phrogpilot73
Loving the hobby

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My wife doesn't drink beer, just me. I love brewing, but I can't keep up - so I happily give away a lot of my beer to get critiques, and so I can brew more. However, I share it with a lot of people so I don't ask for some help with the ingredients. If it was just one dude, who didn't brew - and only wanted to drink my beer... Yeah, I'd ask for some reimbursement.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:13 AM   #26
DavidP
Recipes 

I don't mind giving away beer, but I hate scrubbing labels but I give away much of my bottled beer @ work. There I do a dollar deposit on the bottles, and I find that I get back only about half of them. So that at least pays for new empties instead of having to acquire/clean new ones.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #27
flagman
Recipes 

Out of my 8 beer drinking buddies only three of them will drink good beer. The rest of them like dumping salt into colorado water. The three that like good beer always pitch in and complain when I am not brewing.

But I have to say if they didnt pitch in I would just let them drink it and hit on their girl friends when they pass out (what are friends for)!

Old 12-03-2009, 02:26 AM   #28
neuron555
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like taking my brews to parties or when I go to someone's house for dinner. I figure I'm getting entertained or fed, so it's a fair trade. I also make up sampler packs of my season's beers and give them to my friends and coworkers for Christmas. I don't expect payment for those and mainly enjoy getting the feedback. They are kind enough (or smart enough?) to bring back the empties. Of course, if someone wanted to buy me grain or hops, I wouldn't complain.

"Better Living Through Chemistry"

Neuron Nanobrewery

Old 12-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #29
ColonelForbin
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i let most people drink my beer for free but i am getting friends to buy ingredients and i am brewing for them. this gives me practice, its fun, and i get to keep about a 12 pack for my dome. im about to brew one of my friends a gluten free beer since she is allergic.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #30
winstonofbeer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have freinds that come over and drink my beer.
They usally will have 2-4 glass's and then i ask them...You spending the night or getting a driver? All my beers start at 6% so this isnt a BMC product. After everyone came over and realised that they cant drink 6-7 beers and drive home, Only a couple people show up here and there now. And no, they dont spend the night.

On the other end of the beer spectrum, I have anouther freind who enjoys making beer as much as i do. He has helped me with 85% of all brewing. Has 1 or 2 beers and calls it good. I make sure i got food on hand and we have a hell of a good time. Never ask for cash. And if he offered i would laugh.

Quick Reply