Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Homebrew Competitions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2005, 03:51 AM   #11
SwAMi75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orrelse
I am REALLY, REALLY considering going to the big kahuna of conferences this summer, the National Homebrewers Conference in Maryland, June 16-18th. I won't enter a beer but I'd love to go for 3 days and try other peoples beer and just see this thing. That would only be about a 3 hour drive and who knows when it will be back here again.
Wife is deploying to Afghanistan all summer so its the perfect excuse to go.
Screw that.....let's brew one and enter it. What do we have to lose? We'd have to brew it very soon......like this weekend, since I'm going to be gone until May. It's a good excuse for a road trip, if nothing else!!

Sam
Gone unsung for far too long

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2005, 03:28 PM   #12
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Beers for the NHC have to be entered between April 4-15, so there isn't even time to get one brewed and and finished by then. Plus, honestly, it doesn't even interest me in the least. I know my beers aren't even close to the level of these.
I'm just interested in going, that's all.

Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 03-23-2005, 03:55 PM   #13
DeRoux's Broux

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by orrelse
Beers for the NHC have to be entered between April 4-15, so there isn't even time to get one brewed and and finished by then. Plus, honestly, it doesn't even interest me in the least. I know my beers aren't even close to the level of these.
I'm just interested in going, that's all.
damn dude! don't sell yourself so short

if you do decide to enter one, try a smaller competition and work your way up. you'd be suprised at how good your beers compare. when i went to my 1st homebrew club meeting last month, i was a little nervous about slinging my sud's around with some of those guy's. they are 1st place winners of several competitions. they loved it. i had several of them saying i needed to enter my Rye P.A. into an event. that's kinda what got me to thinking about doing it, 'cause i never had cared to before.....

have fun in Baltimore! you lucky dawg.......

DeRoux's Broux

Old 03-27-2005, 07:32 PM   #14
BitterRat
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have entered a few comps some time ago, and have judged at a couple. I am not a certified judge, but they asked me to judge anyway. Entering a comp is a good way toget feedback, especially if you don't know anyone who knows much about good beer, or won't say anything negative because of fear of hurting your feelings.
Orrelse, let me know if you're going to Baltimore for the HB Conference, I am attending and will be serving beer at either the Hospitality room or at Club night, maybe both.

Quick Reply