New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Home brewing leads to greater Beer appreciation.........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
dnslater
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Home brewing leads to greater Beer appreciation.........

I'm just getting my pipeline started and plan to start my second batch tomorrow. I've noticed that over the past two weeks since brewing my first batch, I have a much greater appreciation for the flavors in beer that I drink. I can pull out the different flavors of grains, hops, yeast, etc.... I drank an IPA last night, which I'm not typically a big fan of and had a whole new appreciation. Curious if others have found this. Apologies if this is a well discussed topic.

Trash Paper Brew Werks

Shirts and stuff

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
Tinga
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 1

True here too. I have also learned that I can enjoy all sorts of beers if I know what I should appreciate. It usually takes me a couple bottles of something for me to find what I should appreciate but it's how I came to love IPAs and I'm working on stouts now. Slowly but surely I'm getting there.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
makomachine
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I know this was true for me as well and would guess it's a common theme. I have such a broader understanding of the styles and variety than I ever did prior to crafting my own. The more you learn the more you learn you don't know yet!

Upcoming Brews: Surley Furious Clone, Uintah Wyld

Old 07-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
exhorns
Recipes 

I agree. I didn't really enjoy beer until about 5 years ago (39 y/o now). I started brewing 6 months ago and am enjoying it immensely. I have definitely broadened my horizons on trying new styles and then attempting to brew that style. I can't pick out grains but not sure that I worry about that. As long as I get to enjoy the beer it works for me. Family and friends are reaping benefits of my trials. This forum has helped me a lot.

Quick Reply