Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > home brewer's dilemma

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2006, 11:40 PM   #11
MrSaLTy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Thanks for the input Boo Boo.... Gives me something to shoot for.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2006, 12:03 AM   #12
boo boo
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 4

ME, I just love to brew. Now with a longer brew day, my enjoyment is magnified. Better beer is a bonus.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:16 AM   #13
BadKarmaa

Recipes 

Yeah my problem is space. I only have 2 primary and 2 secondary, one priming and not enough bottles. The bottles i can take care of since I work at a bar. kegs might not be a problem since i just picked up another job at a microbrewery. My main problem i think is cashflow. I can't afford to brew that often. Maybe with this second job things will change. Nevertheless, it's still trying times getting the funds to keep my brewery going, and finding the time to brew between working 50 hrs a week and going to school full time as well. I'm tempted to take out another student loan and then drop out.

Bad men live that they may eat and drink, whereas good men eat and drink that they may live. -- Socrates

Old 02-22-2006, 01:17 AM   #14
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKarmaa
My main problem i think is cash flow. I can't afford to brew that often. Maybe with this second job things will change. Nevertheless, it's still trying times getting the funds to keep my brewery going, and finding the time to brew between working 50 hrs a week and going to school full time as well. I'm tempted to take out another student loan and then drop out.
I have the same cash flow problem too but I've found some ways to reduce the cost.
1. I'm now harvesting the yeast from the primary saving me over $6 each batch. I figure I can do this 3 or 4 times.
2. I purchased a 50 pound bag of 2-row for about $30.00 a savings of over 30 cents per pound compared to the per pound price.
3. I just purchased 3 pounds of hops from Hops Direct. The price came to about to 42 cents per ounce. My LHBS charges $1.50 per ounce.

Cheers,
Rich

Quick Reply